Not Sleeping Much Here Either : (

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
melly

Re : Not Sleeping Much Here Either : (

Postby melly » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:00 am

The time it takes for her to get to sleep is getting less and less. She still cries, but it doesn't last longer than 10-15 minutes. She still wakes up 2-3 times a night. I think if she slept through the night I'd wake up in a panic! Good luck with Izzy Amy! Being tired is the norm around here!

celticepona

Postby celticepona » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:08 pm

You are not alone..our babes were born around the same time, and Izzy is a horrible sleeper too...she's been waking up as well. Crying it out is hard but it seems to work in the long run. Hope you were able to get some sleep!

melly

Postby melly » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:41 pm

Thanks ladies! I know this is what I have to do. I really miss sleep! She only woke up once last night and went right back to sleep. Tonight she did fall asleep nursing, but she hasn't gotten up at all yet and she usually does. She did figure out how to crawl up onto a chair tonight and she was up and down up and down...I think she may have just wore herself out :) I am off to bed...thanks for the encouragement!

hols537

Postby hols537 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 06:07 am

It's so hard to hear them cry. There are some alternatives to straight "cry it out". But, if she cried for 15 and then fell asleep, you're probably in good shape and if you're consistent, I bet she'll be falling asleep with little/no crying in another day. With both our boys, we progressively put them to bed more and more awake (we started by laying them down when they were almost asleep and eventually to the point where they were completely awake) and that worked well. Occassionally I've had to ingore a little "complaining" crying, but not for more than 5 minutes.

jen44

Postby jen44 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:37 pm

Melly,

Don't feel guilty! You are giving her a GIFT. The gift of being able to fall asleep and soothe herself, a lifelong skill she will NEED. And no one can learn it for her, as your mommy you are there to give her the tools to learn it for herself. I've been where you are and it is the hardest thing to hear your baby cry but so worth it because he is happier and DH and i are happier to be all well slept. i am a better mom with a full night sleep!

melly

Not Sleeping Much Here Either : (

Postby melly » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:17 pm

Caroline is 10 months old now and she's still waking several times a night. I think its my fault for letting her nurse to sleep. I'm thinking that she wakes up and doesn't know how to get herself back to sleep without nursing. My pedi suggested I put her to bed while she's still awake. If I do this she screams bloody murder. If I sit in the room with her and try to comfort her she gets upset that I won't pick her up. She's eating very well during the day and is still nursing. With my son I let him cry it out for a few nights before he learned to go to sleep on his own. I know this is probably what I need to do again, but I'm having such a hard time. It kills me to here her screaming "Mama! Mama! Mama!". I let her cry tonight for 15 mins before she went to sleep and now I'm feeling guilty. I wish there was an easier way.

Return to “After your baby is born .....”