How are you SAHMs doing?

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
hols537

Re : How are you SAHMs doing?

Postby hols537 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 06:24 am

Do you guys have good crockpot recipes to share? I only know how to braise beef and make beef stew and would really love some addtional options.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that I keep a close eye on "freecycle" offerings in our area. In fact, we hit the jackpot last week with an offering of toddler clothes. We got tons of pants and shirts for Alexander in great condition.

mommy1st

Postby mommy1st » Fri Feb 13, 2009 00:35 am

ah yes Melanie gotta love that crockpot. I've been doing a lot of my cooking out there for two reason's it's makes dinners easy with a newborn and 3 yr old and it does save money. Out of each meal I always have left overs to freeze for later.

I pray I don't have to go back to work til my baby girl is 2 at least but you gotta do what you gotta do!

melly

Postby melly » Fri Feb 13, 2009 00:27 am

I've been doing the coupon thing again too. I've been saving a lot of money off my grocery bill. I check my local stores weekly ads and match my coupons up to their sales. I love B1G1 sales because you can use 2 coupons. When I find a great deal I stock up. I also checkout what meat is on sale and plan my meals around that. I've been using my crockpot to make a whole chicken and it'll feed our small family 3-4 meals. I also joined a coupon-deal finder forum to help me with finding the best deals on everything from groceries to sheets, toys you name it.

mommy1st

Postby mommy1st » Thu Feb 12, 2009 05:07 pm

I'm such a clearance/bargain shopper so it helps but still it is hard. My husband coaches cyclist on top of his regular job so we are bringing in the extra cash there which helps a ton! I am also thinking of selling some items on craiglist too. Oh and I've been clipping coupons for the grocery store and any store for that matter.

hols537

Postby hols537 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 04:54 pm

I've been trying to sell our baby things on Craig's list, but without much luck. Apparently, it's the same idea everyone else around here had :)

I've also been doing promotions we get in the mail (transfer prescriptions get $50 gift card, open a checking account, get $25, etc.). They're all for relatively small amounts, but they certainly add up and don't take much effort.

I'm thinking about doing those paid surveys too.

jenanderson

Postby jenanderson » Thu Feb 12, 2009 04:07 pm

I'm having a garage sale ( yes,in the middle of winter!). I have it on Craig's List and I'm setting up appointments which is working great. I don't have to sit around for an entire weekend and do nothing but a sale. I have actually found the people who are coming out are spending more than they would at a normal sale. I do have a heated garage though, if you don't and you live in a cold climate, you might want to tell people to dress for it!

rebeccac

How are you SAHMs doing?

Postby rebeccac » Thu Feb 12, 2009 03:29 pm

I think I posted about SAHMs/SAHDs a while back in the MISC. section but figured I'd post here to check in....

I was frugal to begin with and it's hard to think of new ways to save money these days. We might have a spring rummage sale (our first one ever, yikes!) to get some green rolling in.

Next...

Return to “After your baby is born .....”