Update on Me

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
heather j
Forum Moderator

Re : Update on Me

Postby heather j » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:04 pm

Getting an itch of my own, but trying my best to ignore it for the time being ;)! Ella finally started walking, so things have gotten a little busier around here. I'll have to email you later! Hope you guys are settled back into life here.

paige_va

Postby paige_va » Sat Sep 06, 2008 02:17 pm

Thanks for all your well wishes!!!

Heather,
I know what you mean. I think of you all often, too. Hopefully, now that we're back in the States, life will slow down a little and I can post a bit more often! How are things with you?

michelle_chandler

Postby michelle_chandler » Sat Aug 23, 2008 08:32 am

Paige, so great to hear from you and I'm glad to hear about Collin's great progress. Thanks for the update :-)

Michelle

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:26 pm

Thanks for the update. I can't imagine all of that moving!

Best wishes to you on the adoption.

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:05 pm

Paige,
It's so good to hear from you (I think of you, Danielle, and Alisha often since we were all pregnant together), and so wonderful that Collin is into everything! How's the big sister? :)

I hope your adoption process goes smoothly and that itch is answered quickly!

rebeccac

Postby rebeccac » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:40 pm

I thought moving 30 minutes away from our old house was stressful...you win!

Glad everything is going good now.

(Michelle, you crack me up!)

emersons mom

Postby emersons mom » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:26 pm

so good to hear about Collin's update! that is great! glad to see you again! wow i love babies too, but my ONE keeps me on the edge of collapse, how do you do it with 2? good luck with your addition to your family, I just saw a story on 2 local siblings that need to be adopted together but due to their needs, the agency wants them to go to a childless home, I was soooo asking my hubby aren't they cute? what is wrong with me I am barely functioning now, how would i handle a 4 yr old and another 2 yr old...not that we qualify, just thinking!

kelly w

Postby kelly w » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:23 pm

OH, I'm so glad he's doing better now! How wonderful!

And international adoption is a great option - I wish you much luck!

Kelly

paige_va

Update on Me

Postby paige_va » Wed Aug 20, 2008 09:11 pm

Hi all,
I know it's been a long time since I've posted, but a lot has happened in the last 5 or so months. The last time I posted, my family was living in Europe and Collin had just been referred to a peds neurologist in the States because he wasn't eating solid foods or crawling/scooting at 13 months.

As a result of that evaluation, we moved the family BACK to the U.S. (yes, this made 2 international moves in 8 months) and put Collin into a combination of physical therapy and feeding therapy. Thank goodness, after several months of therapy, he's back up to age appropriate behaviors, running all over the place and eating anything his little heart desires!

AND, to top everything off, I'm getting that baby itch again. After 6 weeks in the hospital with Collin, I just can't bring myself to do the TTC thing, though. So, I guess DH and I are going to do an international adoption. It's a whole different journey, but the end result is every bit as wonderful.

Hope everyone's doing well.

Return to “After your baby is born .....”