Potty Training wannabe

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
amiejo

Re : Potty Training wannabe

Postby amiejo » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:56 am

Okay Alice...I think Henry sent out a pooing signal to all the toddlers. Just today, Cassie took off her diaper and proceeded to poo on the floor. The worst part is that she was very proud of herself! Lots of fun for mommy....

Cassie has just recently started taking her diaper off and lately I haven't been able to keep it on her. She has also been on a bit of a 'go potty' kick lately. I think it is because Ty just learned to go potty and that she is addicted to the 'Elmo's Potty Time' DVD. She never actually does anything...just sits...but she is very proud of herself!

Maybe potty training will come easy for our kiddos!

cindyh27

Postby cindyh27 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 03:35 pm

OMG Alice that is too funny!! Thanks for the laugh :) Way to go Henry finishing up on the potty... what a big boy!!

jenndola
Forum Moderator

Postby jenndola » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:09 pm

Alice, thanks for making me laugh! Now I have to share my travails...

I had dozed off on the couch and was awakened by Gabe handing me something. So I look down in my hand and think, "Oh, it's a Tootsie Roll that he decided he didn't want." You know how that goes--mom always ends up with the unwanted, chewed up food in her hand. But as I start to wake up a little bit more, I had a sudden, horrifying realization: "THAT'S NOT A TOOTSIE ROLL!" That's right, Gabe had been diaper fishing and had retrieved a turd, which he promptly placed in mommy's hand. I can't even begin to tell you how grossed out I was.

You'd think that would be the end of it, but sadly, at church the next week (that's right--AT CHURCH) he was in nursery and handed a little present to one of the women who takes care of the kids during the last 2 hours of church. Fortunately, she has 5 kids and wasn't scarred for life.

Wheeeeeeee! Aren't toddlers fun?

mommy1st

Postby mommy1st » Tue Jul 29, 2008 08:07 pm

oh my Alice what a funny story but poor you poo is just disgusting especially when it's not your's!!
I just wanted to add that I think it's good you aren't pushing him on the potty because i have read that if you potty train when you are expecting then once the baby gets there the child will regrese(sp?) and who wants to do that all over again! That wasn't my experince obviously but I have heard it from others' and read it too, just a heads up on that. Plus in my experience boys take FOREVER to poop in the potty by themselves. Braden will be 3 in a month and he finally will tell us he has to go before it gets in his underwear. He's about 80% poo trained.

Well hopefully you won't have any poo on floor or mommy stories:)

mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby mnmom » Tue Jul 29, 2008 07:44 pm

Fun, fun, fun! Jaden has now decided that taking off his diaper in his crib is great fun. Along with peeing everywhere. No poo yet, though. It was very traumatic for him to have me take blanky from him to wash. I usually try to do it when he is otherwise occupied. Not traumatic enough to not do it again the next morning, though. Boys. Gotta love em.

emersons mom

Postby emersons mom » Tue Jul 29, 2008 04:52 pm

too funny, oh the fun i have to look forward to......em has no interest in the potty, unless he can put toys in it or splash water out......i foresee diapers for another year here! Alice it could be worse.....it could have been looser in the stool with marbled striations that include green segments.....spinach is not easily digested!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Tue Jul 29, 2008 01:14 pm

DH stepped in a pile of Ella's (that *he* dropped while changing her diaper -- yeah, try to figure out the logistics of that one!) and then tracked it ALL through the house - through 4 rooms! Thank heavens we have hardwood; carpet might actually make me cry! LOL!

Poor, poor Alice.

alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby alviarin » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:54 am

Oh no! I couldn't help but laugh even though I know just how gross it is to clean poo off of carpet.

Just wait until he figures out how to take off his diaper. :)

aundapenner

Potty Training wannabe

Postby aundapenner » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:37 am

Just want to share my experiences this past weekend ...

Dear ole Henry and I took a bath the other night. I decided to shower up (we only have a tub upstairs in the main bath) so after bathing him, let the water out and bathed myself. Well, right as I'm finishing my shower, Henry makes a grunting sound - as though he has to potty.

Now, let me preface everything by saying that we're not forcing anything. Maybe we're blowing our chances, but he goes when he wants to and I just don't have the energy to really focus on potty training.

Now, back to my story ...

I explain to Henry that he's not to potty in the bathtub but only in either his potty or his diaper. And then I see it. A big old piece of poo, in the tub. I screamed for DH and got out of that tub so fast! And because I was freaking Henry started freaking too ... he stepped in it!!!

DH came and properly disposed of the poo, washed off Henry's feet and placed him on the potty. Then bathtime was over.

Two days later ... (wouldn't ya think I'd learned already?!?) ... I'm letting Henry just air out a bit. It's been very very very hot here, and with no a/c (I'm talking 100+ degrees and ceiling fans only), I've noticed his bum getting a bit red. So, I'm letting him go commando a bit in our bedroom while tidying up a bit. And then ... I look over and between our bed and our carpet, there's a big piece of poo!!! I quickly grab Henry and remind him that we potty ONLY in the potty OR our diaper and have his bum facing out. Well, silly mommy ... he's still pooing! More poo comes out in the hallway between our bedroom and the bathroom and then *I* step in it!!!!!

I sit him on his potty - he continues to poo (way to go!) while cleaning up the rest of the poo. Ew, gross.

Needless to say, little man has been in a diaper more often.

Return to “After your baby is born .....”