I got to watch someone else labor!

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
cindyh27

Re : I got to watch someone else labor!

Postby cindyh27 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:08 am

What an honor to witness a live birth... amazing!

michellelhuston

Postby michellelhuston » Tue Feb 26, 2008 04:18 pm

That is awesome! I would love to experience that too!!!!

summerw77

Postby summerw77 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:02 pm

LOL not that any of us here must know what's it's like to have it go right LOL. I personally really loved my 19 hour induction with csection LOL.

adgirl

Postby adgirl » Mon Feb 25, 2008 06:50 pm

I got to be there for a friend's labor and delivery a couple of years ago. Her water broke about 3 weeks early, but then labor stalled and they had to give her pitocin. She was at the hospital all night and NOTHING happenned. I called her in the morning to check on her and she was all by herself -- her husband had gone to get breakfast. I said -- you're all by yourself just waiting to have a baby -- I'm coming over (I work down the street from the hospital). So, while I was sitting there with her, she went from 2 cm to 10 -- in under 30 minutes!!! She was in some pain, b/c the epidural couldn't handle it all at once I guess! I called her hubby to come back, and once he got there -- they asked me to stay and take photos after the baby was born.

She pushed for all of 30 minutes (I pushed for over 2 hours...[:p]) -- and it was seriously the coolest, most amazing thing I've ever witnessed. Part of me was sad b/c my L&D didn't go quite so smoothly with all the BP checks and did I mention the 2 hours of pushing?!?!? we had a vacuum extraction in the end. But, mostly -- I was so happy for her and their new little family. I cried all the way back to work -- it was seriously such a miracle to watch! I couldn't believe that I had actually done that too -- it's so out of body when you do it. Then to watch one of your best friends push out a baby -- I highly recommend getting to watch a birth! It is really amazing when it goes right!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Mon Feb 25, 2008 05:25 pm

It would be very cool to be on the other side of the curtain! Lucky you! And tell your pal to put down that broom! [;)]

mommy1st

Postby mommy1st » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:08 am

oh how wonderful to see the birth! A healthy baby girl, awesome!!!!

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:47 am

How awesome, I so hope that I get to experience that some day. Hopefully your friend will take it easy!!

hhbeachgurl

Postby hhbeachgurl » Mon Feb 25, 2008 00:18 am

How wonderful

summerw77

I got to watch someone else labor!

Postby summerw77 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:48 pm

So a friend of mine who co-owns a couple of my doggies, well her hubby is deployed so she let me come to her delivery. Well 24 hours after the induction (she was a VBAC so they used very little pitocin) she ended in csection. I was the first person to hold baby Gabriella! It was so awesome! I took pics for her daddy in Iraq of them weighing her, and measuring her. It was really amazing! She passed out during the csection, eyes rolled back in head, pretty freaky, but she is great now and a TROOPER! This girl is up walking around cleaning her house today 4 days later!!!!!!!! Anyways it was pretty cool to get to welcome a new girl to the world. Sad that her daddy won't meet her until she's 4 months old though. They lost their first son 1 year and a few days before (strokes in utero, lived a couple hours) so I am so happy that they have a healthy baby girl in their home now!
Just wanted to share my exciting week, and why I haven't been around here much all week!
Hope you all had a good one too, tho I doubt you can top that!!!! =)
PS It's so much less painful to watch someone else have a baby SHEESH! hahahahahahhahaha. And she was um well the exact opposite of me, never whined, didn't cry really, and was overall just a heck of a lot stronger than me (of course her epidural worked LOL which must have helped).

Return to “After your baby is born .....”