Question with TMI lol

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
cindyh27

Re : Question with TMI lol

Postby cindyh27 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:39 am

Summer,
Ouch! I hope it gets better soon. *Praying* PLEASE don't lose sensation down there... that would stink!!

((hugs))

p.s. I wanted to you to see my new video of Carson and DeNiro... I posted it on YouTube... Long story short my SIL told me how unpredictable pits are and she couldn't believe we had that dog around our baby (so I posted the video and sent it to ALL our family members… you should have seen the response!)... grrr... I tried to go to the website you recommended... but didn't know which forum my doggie would fall under since he’s not pure bread… help?

Here is the video :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGWv4qUMIVI
LOL!

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:02 am

My massage therapist got one of those during her last pregnancy. She had to go to a local teaching hospital to have it looked at - lots of interns interested in that! I hope that it is better soon.

staceynw

Postby staceynw » Fri Feb 15, 2008 09:19 am

Since insurance is an issue, I recommend finding a "holistic" pharmacy in your area. I know it is embarassing to talk about, but first ask for a "drawing salve" . . . something that will bring all that infection to the surface and and then ask for an antiseptic cream for if it breaks on its own. . . .some drawing salves have a natural antiseptic in them already, so you just may need the one.

You can also ask if there any holistic oral agents that might help.

You can also ask if they have any numbing agents to put on it to help with the pain.

I agree with the others about the autoimmune stuff. . . if and when you can have it tested, it would be a good idea.

However, by your description of "possible loss on sensation" if it were operated on, I'm thinking your cyst is not where some of the others think it is. Bartholin cysts are on the labia, near the vaginal opening . . . I'm thinking yours is higher???? . . . which wouldn't be a Bartholins cyst. My mom had a cyst the same place as where I suspect yours is, and hers broke on its own (eventually), and she had no loss of sensation. . . but . . . I know this is TMI. . . she said it "shrank" after that and within several years was almost nonexistant. So, I guess it's not something you want to ignore, it's a pretty important body part for us women huh!!!

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Fri Feb 15, 2008 08:53 am

That is what I was thinking it was was a Bartholin gland cyst. I have gotten those in each pregnancy to include this one. I actually put hydrocortosone cream on it as soon as it happens, powder to keep the area dry and it goes away. I never had it looked at by a dr though.

mistym03

Postby mistym03 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 08:07 am

aww summer I am so sorry that sounds terrible I am thinking of you and hope you get better soon!

summerw77

Postby summerw77 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 08:51 pm

AAHH Gotcha. Yeah the OB said the reason she would think autoimmune is cuz when my root canal failed (in my 2nd trimester) I had to have gum surgery, and it has pretty much been an absess every since. They remove it, it's back in a week or 2........Kinda scary. Man I turned 30 and now I"m falling apart LOL!!!! I spent $300 on drugs LOL should've just paid the health insurance grrrrrrrrrr WHAT WAS I THINKING!

Jenn-- sure you can come be my full time nanny so I can get the heck out of the house and get back to work before I go completely insane LOL! =) =) LOLOLOL

kara
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Thu Feb 14, 2008 07:19 pm

Summer, Those are both diseases of the thyroid.

summerw77

Postby summerw77 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 07:05 pm

Kim, what are other symptoms to those diseases?

rebeccac

Postby rebeccac » Thu Feb 14, 2008 03:57 pm

I had a similar problem and never had it looked at. Majorly painful and luckily went away on its own. I diagnosed it myself as a Bartholin gland cyst (yes, WebMd info. LOL).

Hope you get some relief very soon!

jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby jenn » Thu Feb 14, 2008 03:52 pm

Summer,
OMG Hon! That sounds just awful! I just crossed my legs in sympathy for ya'!
I'm not much help on advice, but if there is anything I can do.... please ask I'm not far away.

I really hope you get some medical answers/treatment you poor thing!
I send my best 'Get well soon ' vibes to you!

Jenn

Return to “After your baby is born .....”