Terrible two's...

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
caitlynsmama

Re : Terrible two's...

Postby caitlynsmama » Thu Jun 14, 2007 08:59 am

I am right here with you all with Gennavieve. She is trying so hard to keep up with her older sister that she is always hitting her, or doing something mean. I shake my head at all her things that she attempts. Caitlyn was bad with her temper at this age but the things Genna does with going outside in the backyard and eating mud or every time she eats she takes a bath in whatever food she is eating, etc. I truly believe she is the boy I was supposed to have sometimes in a girls body, I know it will pass but it is a nutty time! She is also cutting her two year molars as well and she has another month before she turns two so we have such a fun time already. The timeouts do work for Genna, she hates to be alone so she calms down well. Good luck is all I can say, we are here with you on this one!

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Thu Jun 14, 2007 01:00 am

Sacha is similarly robust - and because he gets to rough house with a much bigger older brother, he's something of a liability around kids his own age. He doesn't bite (yet!) but he thinks nothing of shoving and pushing - and whacking me with his toy sword. We're firm about what's acceptable, but honestly with all boys (and I count my DH in there) loving nothing better than to play soccer/basketball/sword fighting in the living room, civilization seems a way off right now.

Sabrina, Sacha's also got the molars coming in. He walks around clutching his head saying "Ow. Ow. Ow." Pitiful.

sarab
Site Admin

Postby sarab » Thu Jun 14, 2007 00:49 am

Oh, Gloria, I'm right there in the same boat. Logan's a few months older than Max, but is really into the hitting, pushing, biting, throwing things, etc. I'm at a loss because Maggie never acted like this! Don't get me wrong, she knew how to push her buttons, but she was never physical the way Logan is. I'm amazed at how intense (to steal Kelly's fabulous description above) he is all the time!

We have been using "time-outs", and it's been working pretty well. Mostly we just want to encourage that if we hit, bite, push, etc., then people don't want to be around us. I wish I could say it's a cure all, but it has been somewhat effective.

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Thu Jun 14, 2007 00:43 am

Oh Gloria I am so in that stage right now with Sara and she is only two days older than Max. At this stage, they don't know how to voice their frustration so they act out the only way they know how.Keep redirecting. That's what we are doing. She has been miss crabby lately too due to what I think are the 2 year old molars coming in. This too shall pass..

kelly w

Postby kelly w » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:49 pm

It will pass soon. [;)] 2 is definitely an intense age, and they do go through phases of doing some really obnoxious stuff. But the phases usually pass pretty quickly and soon he'll be moving on to new and interesting ways of driving you crazy. [:D]

Kelly

josiah1112

Terrible two's...

Postby josiah1112 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:05 pm

My almost two year old is a bundle of energy.I try to keep him busy
but he still has tons of energy and wants to get into everything.Lately he has started hitting;pushing(he thinks it's funny) and worst of all biting.We crack down on him good but sometimes it seems like I am constantly punishing him.I know it is a challenging age...but I feel challenged especially with another little one.Any words of wisdom??Please tell me it will pass soon...

Return to “After your baby is born .....”