I'm Grandma, and want to help but......

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
michelle_chandler

Re : I'm Grandma, and want to help but......

Postby michelle_chandler » Fri Oct 13, 2006 09:19 am

What a wonderful poem you wrote for your precious angel. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

celticepona

Postby celticepona » Thu Oct 12, 2006 09:59 pm

I am so sorry, I know that words cannot take the pain away but we are here for you. God Bless you and your family. ((hugs))

sarab
Site Admin

Postby sarab » Thu Oct 12, 2006 02:15 pm

Linda, I'm so sorry to read of the loss of your little Theo. What a beautiful tribue you have written for him.

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please let us know how things are going and if there's anything you need.

Hugs,

jodlb

Postby jodlb » Thu Oct 12, 2006 01:18 pm

I'm so very sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

misup

Postby misup » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:22 am

I grabbed the box of tissues when I began to read your poem. What a wonderful tribute to your precious Theo. Our prayers and thoughts are with you. I hope that your daughter in law will have the strength to contact Melissa. She will be a valuable source of informationa and support. PE is very traumatic for the mothers body and her body needs additional time to heal over the next few months, on top of her time to greive. There are some links on the other forums that speak about Post PE for the mom. Also, if or when she feels up to it, she can come on the site and post her story. It is like journally and is very helpful in the greiving process. I have been working on mine in work but have not posted it yet, for some reason, I am waiting for it to be "just right" Omaha has a group of women called "A Mother's Hope" that meets at a church. It is a group of parents that have lost children from various unfortunate circumstances. I had a booth for the PE Foundation and spoke to a couple of moms that had experienced PE. I know that the mom's I spoke to, said that the group has been very helpful. There may be one in SPRG. Mo.. One more thing, someone had mentioned planting in memory. You can contact the Arbor Day Foundation in Nebraska City and they will send you a tree to plant in Theo's memory. I hope this may bring some comfort for you all in this difficult time.
Mis

mel h.

Postby mel h. » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:16 am

Linda,
I live in Springfield, MO and even work at one of the two large hospitals here. If your daughter in law would like someone to talk to, I would be more than happy to visit with her. I lost my first child at 25 weeks two and a half years ago and have been where she's at. I am currently 32 weeks pregnant, however. Please contact me at [email protected] if your daughter in law (or her husband or you) would like someone to talk with.
I'm so sorry for your loss.

lyndsey

Postby lyndsey » Thu Oct 12, 2006 08:58 am

I'm so very sorry that Theo is no longer with you. I will be thinking of your family and praying for you through this difficult time.

meg hanrahan

Postby meg hanrahan » Thu Oct 12, 2006 08:01 am

My deepest condolences to you, your daughter and all of your family. what a beautiful poem and thoughts you have written about your grandson. I am so sorry.

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:06 pm

I am so very sorry to hear that you all lost little Theo. Please know you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Wed Oct 11, 2006 05:25 pm

What a wonderful tribute to your Grandson Theo. I am so sorry to hear of his passing. My first son was also the first grandchild of the first child (on both sides); my MIL planted a rose bush in her garden in his memory and has always marked his birthdays (9 years on, she is the only one who does) and it has meant so much to me.

Having your support will help your family so much on the coming months. Please know that we are here to listen and to help whenever it's needed - and whether it's you, your daughter or her husband. We also (sadly) have a Grief and Loss forum here where many members offer each other support.

Take care.

Return to “After your baby is born .....”