Who's currently nursing?? And or extended nursing?

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
amillhouse

Re : Who's currently nursing?? And or extended nursing?

Postby amillhouse » Mon Aug 07, 2006 03:59 pm

Ok - since this topic has been revived and my lovely daughter has two teeth. . . any tips for making sure she doesn't bite??????

lizzybeth

Postby lizzybeth » Mon Aug 07, 2006 03:06 am

Way to go Ladies!
My first two wouldn't BF due to my having 'flat' nipples. I discovered a supple plastic gaurd when my 3rd was born and she latched! Unfortunately, I had to go to work and had to have vaccines and boosters, so I had to quit at 2 months.I was so sad that I had to stop, I thought at the time that she was my last baby. Jillian BF (with the nipple gaurd) until 4 months when I just wasn't producing enough, this is one of the pitfalls of the gaurd, I had hopes of BFing at least to 12 months...bummers but what can ya do?

Caryn, way to go! My bestest and oldest girlfriend is still nursing her last babe, she's 4 now.
Jenn, yes, you BF for as long as circunstance allows, as long as babe wants to and as long as you remain agreeable.

lizzybeth

gossamer

Postby gossamer » Mon Aug 07, 2006 01:45 am

We are still nursing at 9 months and I plan to let him wean himself. I pump for milk during hte day and breastfeed when I am home. No bottle if mama's boobs are available.
Gossamer

halo79rn

Postby halo79rn » Sun Aug 06, 2006 07:10 pm

Hi!
I'm nursing... It's been a struggle.. we were pumping full time until about 3 months pp, then she started to latch effectively, but still had a preference for the bottle. We had a supply slump and dd refused formula... so it's been tough, but we're finally nursing full time at 6 months of age! Just in time to start solids... it works out great b/c I'm afraid to drom that bedtime pump (worried about supply) so I use it when she eats her food...
Because of the struggle, I can see me bf'ing for awhile... as long as my daughter wants to... maybe with some limitations??? We'll see...
good to see support on here for nursing mommas!
Bridget
Elizabeth Ann "Libby" 1/29/06 1:08 AM, one hour into 37 wks gestation, 5lb 8oz, 18 1/2 in,

annbaby3

Postby annbaby3 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:57 pm

[quote--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060705/hl_ ... feeding_dc

Just another good reason to breast feed. ][/quote]
I have breastfed all my kids and my older 2 (7 & 5 years old) wear goodnights to bed. It runs in the family. My nephew had night wetting until he was 12.

I am currently bfing my 9 month old.

amillhouse

Postby amillhouse » Thu Jul 06, 2006 04:28 pm

Jada is 5.5 months and I intend to go at least til one year. All the best to the BF mamas!

tracym

Postby tracym » Wed Jul 05, 2006 08:11 pm

Kate is 17 months and still nursing with no end in sight. She will go and get the boppy pillow when she's ready for bed.

I b'fd Jack until he was 2.5.

jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby jenn » Wed Jul 05, 2006 06:59 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060705/hl_ ... feeding_dc

Just another good reason to breast feed. [;)]

dja

Postby dja » Sat Jul 01, 2006 04:35 pm

Jenn - I was on the opposite end of the spectrum, with many, many problems nursing my son - so he was off the boob at 5 months but I pumped through 11 months. But....he is still nipple obsessed and using both a binky and a bottle at night. I realize the rubber and the natural aren't the same, but we opted to limit the bottle and the binky to night time as a first step toward phasing out. With these items, out of sight, out of mind worked fairly well. The boobs, alas, are always there. [8D] So I guess I'm really no help. But it might be one little step you can take. Good luck!!

jadedsin

Postby jadedsin » Sat Jul 01, 2006 01:30 am

I think there is nothing wrong with extended BF. You women are very lucky i had 2 things going against me and I was not able to and sometimes I really feel that Ive missed out on that bonding with my children. (reason #1 my husband didnt want me to. reason #2. The blood pressure medication I was on dried me out really quick)

Return to “After your baby is born .....”