cramp-type question

So, the baby's born, what comes next? Discuss your postpartum and parenting concerns here.
darcynulph

Re : cramp-type question

Postby darcynulph » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:19 am

I had similar pain, but it burned also. There was a lump under the scar from my c-section which was almost 5/mo ago. Then I started my period about a week early and it last TWO WEEKS[:(!](you gotta love that)and now the lump and pain is gone. My husband was freaking out saying I should go back to the Doctor, but when I have called they tell me that it takes awhile for your body to get use to the pill after you have a baby.

lorelei

Postby lorelei » Tue Sep 06, 2005 03:39 pm

Catherine,

Last week my mom had some bad cramping and then the day after was sore and she knows that it was more than likely a cyst that ruptured. She's had problems with them before..The only thing that makes me wonder w/you is that typically you will have pain that last longer than what you had. I mean, I know with a back or a knee it doesn't take anything to hurt them so it could be just you moved a certain way or she sat on you funny and it hurt...I am sure it's nothing major bc you would think you would be hurting worse.

(I'm a major worrier too!) This morning Hunter complained of hurting under both of his arms (armpit area) so I lay him down and am feeling for something thinking the worst and he said "Mama it's where I was leaning over Dalton's playpen!" He was leaning across it and the bar was under his armpits...See I'd already diagnosed him with something terminal...LOL...

akemt

Postby akemt » Tue Sep 06, 2005 01:55 pm

Nah, it didn't happen durring a situp...and I've actually cut WAY back on doing crunches. Lost that competetive spirit, so now it is just doing some to keep up the tone I've got. Not that you can see it [;)] LOL

Thanks for the response,

youtan

Postby youtan » Tue Sep 06, 2005 01:52 pm

Oh Catherine - ouchy. Did it happen when you were doing a sit-up? Could it be a muscle crap from all the crunching, possibly? Has it happened more than once? I'd say not to worry about it unless the pain keeps coming back. Then you should ask your doc. Hope its nothing!!

akemt

cramp-type question

Postby akemt » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:21 am

Okay, so this is a bit odd, but I don't have much experience in this area...

Last night I was lying down on the floor like I usually do for crunches [;)] and Emma sat on my stomach. That is normal enough too -she didn't even plop down on me like she usually does, just sat down gently. Well, it started hurting so bad I was totally shocked! It felt, from what I can tell, like a horrible uterine cramp, but timing wise I would have just O'd so that doesn't make much sense. Then I've had a few twinges since, but nothing like that at all. I can push that area (just above my pubic bone to maybe mid-way between pubic bone and belly button) and feel some ?soreness, but again, nothing big. I'm pretty sure I'm not constipated.

Has anyone had a UTI act like that without any other obvious symptoms? It was just so random and you know my paranoia... Any thoughts or experiences?

Return to “After your baby is born .....”