Kindergarten

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
ladybug76135

Re : Kindergarten

Postby ladybug76135 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 08:20 am

Congrats on coming so far! You could always start her in kindegarten this year and if necessary repeat it next year. Talk to your schoold district about what is available for her in regard to services. Do you think she needs special education?

chemmer

Kindergarten

Postby chemmer » Wed Apr 08, 2009 06:38 am

My DD Michayla will be 5 years old on June 25!!! I can not believe that this little 26 weeker is almost 5. She was 1lbs 7ounces and now is in the 75% for height and 50% for weight! She is able to start Kindergarten in the fall but my DH and I are trying to decide if we should start her. Most signs point to YES but since she was 3 months premature and she has a summer birthday we just want to do what is best. Has anyone else ran into this situation? Alot of fullterm parents say that they held there kids back because of the summer birthday. I am just unsure:( She wants to start kindergaten but if she needs to start with special Ed services this year. I think waiting may avoid that for next year, or maybe not.

Return to “Parents of Preemies”