Heartbroken...

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
annes
Forum Moderator

Re : Heartbroken...

Postby annes » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:45 am

Oh, Nikkole I am so sorry about Ethan's lung issues. Grow Ethan Grow!!! This is really more than any person should have to go through, and even a strong person like you needs a break once in a while. I know that it is hard to do, but please try and take a little time to rest and take care of yourself. I think a bout you and Ethan everyday and am cheering you guys on, you are both fighters!

mom2ella

Heartbroken...

Postby mom2ella » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:32 am

So we had a conference with Ethan's team yesterday. They told us that Ethan's lungs look terrible and the only hope is that he'll grow and start to heal himself. If not, there is nothing else they can do for him. They said he's not even ready to start weaning off the vent at this point. I don't understand how this is a problem for him when it wasn't for the first month or so of his life. And then they were able to extubate him about a month ago and the only reason it didn't work is because he couldn't cough up his secretions...the doctor even told me that after the episode. They did say that he is growing at a decent rate right now and that it is good that he is still alert and everything. I swear I want to curl up into a ball and go away. I can't lose another baby and my husband all at once, after having lost Ella already. It's too much for one person to handle. He also has his follow up head ultrasound tomorrow to see if the bleeds and PVL have gotten any worse. I don't even think I want to know at this point because I can't handle much more. They told me to not lose hope and that they have seen babies recover with lung issues, but I'm scared to death. It's so unfair...I feel like I have nothing. I know I'm a strong person but I can't handle anymore. I don't know what to do with myself.

Return to “Parents of Preemies”