Matthew is home!

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
onesock

Re : Matthew is home!

Postby onesock » Tue Apr 01, 2008 08:41 am

That is great....:) Have fun with him..those first days home are my most treausured memories!! Congratulations and can't wait to see pics!!!")

mnmom
Forum Moderator

Re : Matthew is home!

Postby mnmom » Tue Apr 01, 2008 07:22 am

Karrie!
What awesome news. I am so glad he is home with you. Enjoy.

kezt777

Matthew is home!

Postby kezt777 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:26 pm

well matthew got to come home after only 15 days in NICU. its a bit nerve wracking because he is so small (3lbs 3.5 at birth, 3lbs 9.5oz coming home on sunday)... but so far its been okay. he decided he was hungry almost constantly and that wore me out, or else its because he wasnt used to me being around so much and just assumed it was always time to eat lol. who knows!

but we were really surprised to hear on friday that they were considering sending him home. being 7 weeks early, i thought he would be in there at least a month,,, but they were basically feeding and changing him and keeping him warm, which we can do at home. i spent sat and sun with him continuously in hospital (in a special room), and they checked his body temp and such every 3 hours and i showed them i was able to keep him on schedule and warm, so he got sent home at 1pm yesterday! wow! just wanted to share our news. he is soooo soooo tiny but doing great and keeping us on our toes lol.

Return to “Parents of Preemies”