Preemie Check-in

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
trish
Forum Moderator

Re : Preemie Check-in

Postby trish » Thu Jul 04, 638289 8:46 pm

>>>> Born at 19 1/4" long and 5 lbs 10 oz. He was 24" tall and 13 lbs 4 oz at ten weeks!!!!

Wow that's some great growing!! He and Allison were almost the same size at birth and I thought getting up to 8 lbs 6 oz was good growing at 10 weeks! I can't imagine her 5 lbs bigger & 3.5 inches longer at this point! Congrats! You must be making cream while I'm making skim LOL! :)

summerw77

Postby summerw77 » Thu Jul 04, 638289 8:05 pm

This is such a cool thread! Well I hoped to put a new weight up for Kade, but we only had a shot today, not a real visit. SO My 36 weeker is doing fabulous, now 14 weeks old, he is a giant! Born at 19 1/4" long and 5 lbs 10 oz with a really small head (we called him beetlejuice) it was in the bottom 1% or something, anyways his head at 10 weeks was in the 50% as was the rest of him. He was 24" tall and 13 lbs 4 oz at ten weeks!!!! He is probably way longer now....he is Mr. Smiley, and giggles alot. He sleeps all night long and is a great baby. (except last night he cried alot LOL). He wears CArters 3 month clothing, but ina sleeper he can wear a 6-9 cuz he's soooo long! =) =) He is starting to grab at things also and get interested in toys this past week. FINALLY! He is also very mommy dependent, expects me to talk to him every waking moment!

tracym

Postby tracym » Thu Jul 04, 638289 7:27 pm

Jack (not preemie, just SGA) turned 7 just over a month ago and now weighs 46lbs. He's in second grade at school and is doing well. He's into WWE wrestling (watching/playing, not doing!) and has just started back at football training (Aussie Rules - under 8's) for this year.
I still struggle to get him to eat well and gain weight, you can see all his ribs he's so skinny. But he's healthy and that's all that matters.

Kate just turned 3 a few weeks ago and weighs 35lbs. I'm not sure how tall she is. She's an incredibly bright and articulate kid. Has no fear of anything. She got a 2 wheeler bike (with training wheels) for her birthday and you should see her cruising up and down the street, it won't be long before the training wheels are gone already. She's so different to Jack, who was a reasonably laid back and easygoing young child. Kate's into everything. Always touching/testing/tasting/doing stuff. And she's very obviously left handed, much to my father's pleasure. She never really had any preemie issues (other than weight gain when she was little). She has a resolving umbilical hernia, a "curly" toe (it's a bit deformed and sits under the toe next to it) and one of her feet turns out a bit. We see a pediatric podiatry clinic at the university here for the feet things but there doesn't seem to be anything they can do for the toe, other than surgery and there's no reason to do it except for cosmetic reasons.

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Thu Jul 04, 638289 2:03 pm

Allison and Anna Grace are growing buddies. :)

Allison is a 36 weeker & is now almost 10 weeks. She is up to 8 lbs 6 oz & 20.5 inches which is almost 3 lbs and 3 inches since she was born. She is a smiling fool now - grinning at anyone who will make eye contact with her.

Her reflux is better since she's been on Prevacid for almost 5 weeks now. It's less painful for her when she spits up but the volume is still a whole lot. And she still projectiles quite a bit so the Ped wants to do an upper GI to rule out Pyloric Stenosis. But since she is growing and gaining (and pooping plenty) I really don't think she has that and I hate to put her through the UGI test. We did that with my oldest and it was awful. Plus they can't eat for 3-4 hours before it & you have to make an appt. and she eats every 2 hours max so I don't know how we'd even do it!

Glad to see everyone's updates! :)

cindyh27

Postby cindyh27 » Thu Jul 04, 638289 2:03 pm

Have to get back to you on Carson's stats, his 12 month appt. is this Friday...

Carson is 12.5 months old :)

cindync

Postby cindync » Thu Jul 04, 638289 6:55 am

Aiden

michelle_chandler

Postby michelle_chandler » Thu Jul 04, 638289 4:03 am

Oohh, I LOVE this thread. So good to hear how all of our "little" ones are doing. Shane was a 3lbs, 31 weeker and is almost 18 months old. He is a whopping 28lbs and 32 inches tall - he's a chunk. His acid reflux seems to be better and we are weaning him from pravacid..so far, so good. He is finally feeding himself and though he only has four teeth ...he's still managing to gum just about anything to death :-). He is walking/stumbling/running all over the place...he is still a little whirlwind from the moment he wakes up to til the minute he falls asleep. I'm STILL getting used to having an active little boy after having my docile girls..lol

rachaelann

Postby rachaelann » Thu Jul 04, 638289 12:03 am

Logan is now 5 months old weighing in at 12.5 lbs. he is about 23 inches. he loves putting everything in his mouth, and if for some reason it doesnt get there it usually ends up getting covered my his unbelievable amounts of drool anyways. he smiles all the time, but only laughs at daddy. go figure!

mom2tori

Postby mom2tori » Wed Jul 03, 638289 10:28 pm

Victoria, my 2lb 7oz 30 weeker is now 6 years old and full of spunk, attitude and sass. She goes to all day kindergarten which she is awesome at. She weighs a whopping 53 lbs!!

Miss Savanna (my biggest baby) was born at 35 weeks weighing in a 5lb 1 oz is now 18 months old and weighing 26 lb. She is such a love and hugs and kisses everything! She is also pretty sassy and now says no to everything you ask and folds her arms and gives the look of death if she is angry with you. They sure do grow fast!!!

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Wed Jul 03, 638289 9:55 pm

Anna Grace 33 weeker
Anna Grace is 6 pds 3 oz and 17 inches long now (8 weeks) - she's grown 3 inches since her birth and gained almost 3 pounds! She should because she's a big eater (just like her dad!)!

She's a mini me which I LOVE! We finally got a *REAL* smile yesterday (both sides - not just the Elvis smile)! She still likes to be swaddled when she is overstimulated - not sure how long that will go on or if it will lead to other problems.

So glad that everyone's preemies are doing so well!
-Amanda

Return to “Parents of Preemies”