Preschool

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
mama2twins

Re : Preschool

Postby mama2twins » Tue Mar 27, 638001 10:57 pm

The girls, I think are a little nervous ever since I packed a bag and have explained teh whole process so many times. They tell me that they want their sister here because they want to help me feed her and bathe her, etc, but I do not think they REALLY understand that another person will be coming here to live with us forever! I am scheduled for c-section on Tues Dec 11th!

christine lyn

Postby christine lyn » Tue Mar 27, 638001 1:46 pm

Michelle, good luck with your baby in what about a week. The picture of your girls is precious. Are they excited about having a baby brother or sister?

mama2twins

Postby mama2twins » Fri Jan 26, 638001 12:14 pm

I am glad he likes it! That was easy! Yep..getting sick is part of the going to school fun! I am hoping that is gets much better after 6 months or so. My girls are actually out of school right now until Jan because I could not take it anymore and I don't want to get sick or have a sick house with this baby coming in just over 1 week!

christine lyn

Postby christine lyn » Tue Jan 16, 638001 7:19 pm

Well Shane likes preschool but takes a fit when he leaves. He's gone to school 3 day's and he is already sick so Monday, Wednesday and Thursay he goes to school and by Friday he's sick. I guess this is just the beginning. It's gonna be a long winter with him in school and coming down with everything, GREAT!

emersons mom

Postby emersons mom » Mon Sep 14, 637998 4:05 am

I would have been mad too.....the emotional transition issue got all messed up cause they have paperwork issues......when they should have addressed their requirements before you ever left him.......i would question their system since they let you leave him in the first place without the i's dotted and t's crossed....what if not you but some other family did not have the healthy shot record/medical history in order and they had allowed them to leave their contagious child for one day......They need to straighten out their system to avoid a health issue in the future! Plus apologize to you in spades!!!! I hate to sound so "scary" but all it takes is one!

christine lyn

Postby christine lyn » Sun Sep 13, 637998 5:50 am

Well I just received the phone call I've been waiting for from the school and my son can go back tomorrow. From what I was told was that the school nurse never got the paper work from whom ever but she went over his medical records and gave him the ok to come back. Isn't that nice but I still got myself all worked up over this mess having someone leave you a message telling you your son can't come back to school and the error was on their part. So my son misses his second day of school and I'll write it down in his book and laugh about it in 20 years. Thanks for all your support. As you can see I'm new to this kind of thing and it's only the beginning.

christine lyn

Postby christine lyn » Sun Sep 13, 637998 1:55 am

Oh I have a call into the school and talked with the person who had called me. Still didn't get much from her but a few things have to be done and I've been waiting all day for her to call me back. Let's hope they settle this today so I can tell my son he's going to school tomorrow. If I get no where then I will find someone else who can help me.

mama2twins

Postby mama2twins » Sat Sep 12, 637998 8:54 pm

SO sorry that it seemed to eb going well and now you haev to wait! That is ridiculous! My school and most schools I would assume, have a form that is filled out by the pediatrician and that's it! Can you speak with the director of the school to get things moving?

christine lyn

Postby christine lyn » Sat Sep 12, 637998 8:00 pm

Because she has to check to make sure he's up to date with all his shots(if he wasn't he would not be able to go to school) which he is and go over his medical history if there are health issues to worry about.

onesock

Postby onesock » Sat Sep 12, 637998 6:18 pm

Why would the school nurse have anything to do with it? UGH how frustrating for you :(

Return to “Parents of Preemies”