A mini update on Jaidyn (and family)

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
cindyh27

Re : A mini update on Jaidyn (and family)

Postby cindyh27 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:04 am

Jenn,

I hope you get some answers soon... that must be so frustrating...

I'm so glad to hear the boys are doing so well...

Fantastic news on the new home... hope your old home sells quickly :)

season
Forum Moderator

Postby season » Wed Oct 31, 2007 03:27 am

Jenn it's great to see your update. You've been on my mind. the bigger house sounds great. I'm sure you will all feel better when your not as on top of each other.

Sorry you are still struggling to figure out Jai's issues. You are such a great mom to persist in finding out what's going on and what help she needs. Glad to hear that school is going well for her. Try not to take the idea of behavior therapy personally. As far as I can tell, you're a better more on top of your kids mom than most of us. Therapists are just a resource to help us work with the unique challenges some kids face. As you know Jai does not fit easily in any definition, so it sounds like to doctors are continuing to see what avenue will help her to reach her potential. This therapy may or may not be part of that solution.

Again I'm glad to hear how good things are overall. You seem to be in a much better place than you were a year ago! Enjoy halloween with those wonderful kids. (You made their costume!?! You really do amaze me.)

deerhart

Postby deerhart » Sat Oct 27, 2007 08:14 pm

The behavior therapy isn't for us, but rather its for Alex. He's at the age now that it will be more like counseling where she will go over problems with him and how he could better solve them. The lady that was recommended with us concentrates on perfectionism, depression, anxiety, giftedness, social skills, childhood disorders, conducting learning disability/ADHD evaluations, and working with families. We actually did some behavior therapy back when Alex was 4 which was somewhat helpful (we found out we were doing almost everything they suggested already LOL)

OMG giftedness, social skills, perfectionism AND ADHD *I'm in heaven*. Its so hard to even find any doc who can even deal with Alex having delays and intelligence let alone one who might get it!

sandy

Postby sandy » Sat Oct 27, 2007 00:43 am

Jenn!!
A new, larger house!!!! Down the street from helping family!!!!! And some good grades in there...

I'm thrilled to hear about a few recent rays of sunshine in your life.

Keep the updates coming. I love hearing about your family.

You're one tough cookie. :)

jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby jenn » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:26 am

You guys!! I can't believe how cute and fitting your costumes are!
That's it! I'm going to have to post a Halloween pic site so I can see pix of all these cute kids in costume!!!!
I have yet to dress my kids up and photo them, but trust me I will!

Erin, I know what you mean, this last Dr wasn't in network ($150 a pop) and doesn't have staff to charge insurence. So either way I was s.o.l.
That has to be one the top upsets of having a special needs child.
Finding the right fit and being able to afford it. It can be draining.

And behavior therapy, how are you handling that?
When I was asked to take Jai, I flipped! (but that was me, I took it really personally)
I feel implies I haven't done a good job parenting and handling her "issues".
I'm getting past it, and we just might end up doing some, but first we have to check out this medical stuff.

Will it ever end?
Somedays I think I'll be chasing this forever.

deerhart

Postby deerhart » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:46 pm

Ahh 7 years... its REALLY been that long (what am I thinking 8 years ago I was 3 months pregnant LOL).

We still have the school pushing that Alex is an Aspie and the doctor's insistent he's not as he's too social and lacks a few other things. We are biting the bullet and paying for behavior therapy out of pocket (because the lady we found that looks like she may be a good fit isn't in network *grumbles*)

As for halloween, I have Boba Fett and a Soldier!

emersons mom

Postby emersons mom » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:31 pm

I changed my avatar for you...but more pics when you have the time....how do you do it? are at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

I hope the link works.....we are going to meet some friends for dinner tuesday night and are taking him in full costume!!! sure to get a laugh!!!

i love mama2twins new avatar too....what cute snow whites!!!! they will be!!!

mama2twins

Postby mama2twins » Thu Oct 25, 2007 07:25 pm

I know how frustrating it is to NOT get answers, but I am glad you seem to be getting closer! That is great that everyone is doing so well in school! Congrats on the new house!
My girls are both going as Snow White...not too original, but that is what they picked and we are in a major princess phase.

jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby jenn » Thu Oct 25, 2007 01:11 pm

I know "what" spare time. [;)]

A rooster?!
That is too cute!
I love unconventional costumes!
And too think a company set out and mass produced rooster costumes, makes ya' think there's a demand?
Hope your able to post some pix, this I have to see.

emersons mom

Postby emersons mom » Wed Oct 24, 2007 08:06 pm

great update....wow great grades and goooo spelling queen!

I have one child and BOUGHT him a ready made adorable fluffy chicken/rooster costume from old navy.....how in the heck do you have time to make costumes?????

ps super duper jealous on the new huge house!!! but not wanting another mortgage payment!!! good luck selling your old "small" house, lol!!!

Return to “Parents of Preemies”