Annabella update and outgrown preemie clothes

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
sarab
Site Admin

Re : Annabella update and outgrown preemie clothes

Postby sarab » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:59 am

Susan, way to go! It sounds like Annabella is making leaps and bounds. It's so humbling reading about these little miracles and their progress.

That is very generous of you to offer your preemie clothes. If I see anyone who has a need I'll send them your way!

How are you doing?

cindyh27

Postby cindyh27 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:20 pm

Susan,

Wanted to say a huge congrats on Annabella's continued growth... that is wonderful news!!

Hope you are doing well too :)

aundapenner

Postby aundapenner » Sun Sep 09, 2007 01:22 pm

Susan,

HUGE congratulations to you and Annabella!!! That's such a huge accomplishment, for the entire family, that she's gained so well!!! Henry was born at 34 weeks, 4 pounds 5 ounces and was pretty much on the same track as your daughter. He's now a healthy 20+ pound 15 month old!!!!

We took our clothing back to the NICU we were in. When Henry was in there, I noticed a table with gently used preemie clothing. It took quite some time for us to get in there, but the nurses were very appreciative!

How are you feeling 3 months PP?

susan863

Annabella update and outgrown preemie clothes

Postby susan863 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:52 am

Hi, Everyone. I wanted to share a brief update on my daughter Annabella. As many of you know, she was born at 33 weeks on June 17, 2007, weighing 3 lbs. and needing a NICU stay. She was diagnosed with IUGR. It is now almost three months later, and in that time, she has nearly tripled her birth weight, is feeding well at home, and is showing her first social smiles. Needless to say, I am delighted and grateful. I was pretty darned sick with severe PE when she was delivered by C-Section.

Anyway, on a related subject, I have some preemie clothes that she outgrew, mostly short-sleeve onesies, since she was a summer baby. It would mean a lot to me to mail them to someone in the forum who really needs preemie clothes. So, if you might be interested, please email me at [email protected]. To be fair, I'll send them to the first respondent (I'll email you asking for a mailing address that they can be sent to).

Hope all is well with all of you.

Susan

Return to “Parents of Preemies”