Question about NICU comfort beanie...

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
cindyh27

Re : Question about NICU comfort beanie...

Postby cindyh27 » Sat Oct 05, 637991 2:35 am

Cindy... yes! that's the one... Michelle posted a link above if you want to check it out... I'm getting one for Carson... he is such a snuggle baby that I think it will help when he's napping :)

cindync

Postby cindync » Mon Sep 23, 637991 2:15 am

I saw something in the Preemie Magazine, they are big stuffed arms and hands to make it seem like the baby is being held...is that what you are talking about?

cindyh27

Postby cindyh27 » Fri Aug 30, 637991 11:14 pm

Michelle,

Thanks so much for the links! I’m going to have to buy one of the two… Carson will be 7 months in a little over a week and still has trouble with his “napping”… he doesn’t nap well at all… I remembered one of the NICU nurses saying that the “beanie” makes them feel more secure… so I think I’m going to give it a try… I like the one that looks alike an arm & hand… too cute!

Thanks again :)

mama2twins

Postby mama2twins » Tue Aug 20, 637991 9:15 pm

mama2twins

Postby mama2twins » Tue Aug 20, 637991 9:07 pm

At our NICU, the actual bags, which were reused, and the covers were made by volunteers. The pattern for the cover was also available and some parents (like me) had covers made to use while we were there, and then donated them to the NICU.
I have also seen this, but never used it.
http://www.zakeez.com/en/home/index.php

cindyh27

Postby cindyh27 » Tue Aug 20, 637991 3:18 pm

Suzanne,

Thanks! You're so lucky they let you take Hannah's dolphin beanie home with you... and that is wonderful you still have it :)

What an ambitious little girl you have there to want to grow up and be a dolphin trainer… and I bet she’ll do it! I’m sure her little preemie beanie had something to do with it ;) That is awesome!

Thanks again for the info ;)

hannahsmom

Postby hannahsmom » Mon Aug 19, 637991 11:45 pm

Our NICU received all types of Beanie Babies from an organization that collected new beanie babies and added a message onto the package. I think it's called beanies for babies or something like that. Hannah got a dolphin and they laid it on top of her - it was the same length as she was :) The message that came with the beanie also had the name and address of the person who donated it, so I wrote her to thank her and sent a picture of Hannah. The beanie dolphin sits on my nightstand so I can see it every night before I go to sleep. (It was in Hannah's room, but her friends would not quit throwing it around.) The neat thing is that Hannah wants to be a dolphin trainer when she grows up - how neat is that :)

cindyh27

Question about NICU comfort beanie...

Postby cindyh27 » Mon Aug 19, 637991 10:48 pm

Does anyone know where I can buy the beanie they use in the NICU's to make it feel like someone was holding the baby? I can’t remember what they called it…

Thanks!

Return to “Parents of Preemies”