6 yrs later... and it's still overwhelming

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
jenchar

Re : 6 yrs later... and it's still overwhelming

Postby jenchar » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:14 pm

Jenn,

I just wanted to say that I'm "with" you, too. In April, it will have been 5 years since PE cursed my pregnancy.

In any case, I just wanted to say that you were one of the preemie mods when I first started posting. I sincerely thank you for helping me through some of my anxiety then. Just a few posts from you and other fellow PE preemie moms were life saving to me.

HUGS to you and hang in there honey! A little reflection helps all of us to appreciate how lucky we are to have our little ones to hug, hold, and love.

Jen [:D]

youtan

Postby youtan » Sat Jan 06, 2007 09:24 pm

I'm feeling the same way. The new year was a difficult one - everyone looking back on the year....as I really just didn't want to look back on lots of things from this year and before. Its too painful.

My son will be 8 in a few months - and I still flash back to those scary times 8 years ago which for us as well was just the beginning of a new kind of life - one I could never imagine I'd land in.... But, at the same time I am very very grateful that we have this opportunity to be parents, no matter the challenges.

Anyway, I think all us preemie moms have our moments of anxiety and fret and what-ifs or why didn't they's, etc... I'm so glad we've all 'met' so that we can talk through our emotions!!

Good to hear from you...

jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby jenn » Sat Jan 06, 2007 03:49 pm

Thanks for always understanding me Erin. [:D]

How's Alex doing?

deerhart

Postby deerhart » Sat Jan 06, 2007 02:52 pm

I know, even as the years pass it still is extremely overwhelming everything one goes through after a PE birth. Its still hard for me to imagine that it was 6 years 10 months and 2 weeks from when I was first diagnosed with Alex.

I hope your special mommies group is of great comfort and stress relief for you! Its wonderful to know your not alone in your struggles and that no matter how hard they are, as our kids age it does get a bit better.

jenn
Forum Moderator

6 yrs later... and it's still overwhelming

Postby jenn » Sat Jan 06, 2007 01:31 pm

I'm approaching my 6th anniversary date.
Six...wow.
Somedays it feels short and others long.
To me it's been a 6 year long boxing match:
round one was getting diagnoised.
round two fighting for my life.
round three fighting for Jaidyn's life.
round four getting my health back.
and the remaining countless rounds have been fighting for Jaidyn.

Even six years later my life has been dictated by the lasting effects.
I was kind-of hoping I would have gotten past this by now.
I do what I can to not let anxiety run things and ususally I do just fine, but there are those times that I feel overcome.
Do you feel like this at times too?
For me recently was getting my Preemie Mag. I so look forward to getting it, then I become overwhlemed while thumbing through. Then I go back to it and read in small doses just fine with some gray areas there if you know what I mean.
Is that weird?
Gosh I probably just set myself up here for professional help huh? [:p]
ugh.

Without going the professional route here.. I did join a local "special mommy" group that meets up for dinner and chit-chat.
Looking forward to that.

Well my lil' one is beaconing...what else is new [:p]
So off I go.

my love to you all and your little ones.

Jenn

Return to “Parents of Preemies”