RSV Shot - INSURANCE DENIED!! Update

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
emersons mom

Re : RSV Shot - INSURANCE DENIED!! Update

Postby emersons mom » Mon Nov 06, 2006 02:06 pm

I can relate...frustration never ends it seems...we have verbal approval but the ped has yet to get his approval and to top it off the dr is not doing the shots this year he has referred us to the outpatient care center at the local hospital....who still have not ordered or received the injections....so we are not even scheduled to receive our first shot yet.....we just keep getting told we are on the list......and no flu shot yet either.....our dr said the infant version is not done cooking yet......so good luck to you...i need some too!

michelle_chandler

RSV Shot - INSURANCE DENIED!! Update

Postby michelle_chandler » Mon Nov 06, 2006 01:40 pm

OMG - I am so frustrated. (Mind you, I work for a managed care company too!![:(!]) Shane received his first Synagis injection before he left the hospital on the 15th of October and is scheduled to get his next shot this Wed. at the Apnea Clinic..Well, I just got a denial letter from the insurance company. I'm going to go through the channels and appeal and hopefully enlist my doctor's help. It's just so ridiculous that parents have to jump through hoops to get their baby the care he/she needs. How is a hospital stay that would undoubtably happen if he doesn't get the shot compare with the $1500 price tag of the shot?? Wish me luck!

Shane is up to 8.5 lbs! Aside from his reflux is doing well.

Return to “Parents of Preemies”