RSV Shot - INSURANCE DENIED!! Update

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
michelle_chandler

Re : RSV Shot - INSURANCE DENIED!! Update

Postby michelle_chandler » Tue Nov 07, 2006 03:16 pm

Thank you ladies. Only you guys understand how frustrating it is to always have an uphill battle to fight for our little ones.

deerhart

Postby deerhart » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:51 am

Congrats!!!

Here is to a safe and sick free RSV season!

jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby jenn » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:48 am

*butter churn dance*
Congrats!

michelle_chandler

Postby michelle_chandler » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:40 am

Just got off of the phone with the insurance company after doing an expedited appeal and they approved all of his injections!! Yeah..one small victory. :-)

kara
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:12 pm

Get any doctor that Shane sees (neonateologist, pediatrician, opthamologist...ANYONE) to write letters to the insurance company stating that he has a medical need for these shots. And appeal, appeal, appeal..... Write a letter to the director descrbing all that you went thru in the NICU and why you and your doctors think that Shane needs to shots. I think they were priceless for our 31 weeker....

jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby jenn » Mon Nov 06, 2006 09:29 pm

OMG! That's an outrage!

But that aside... I was gonna' ask what Molly did. I didn't realize how lucky I was when Jai got her's... in fact a nurse from the health dept. came to our house!!! Talk about convinence.
Do you have a local one you could call?
Just a thought.
Here you poor thing- you work for an insurance company!!!
I send you my best!!!
Let us know if you have any luck.

Jenn

iansmom

Postby iansmom » Mon Nov 06, 2006 05:41 pm

Good luck - it is so important. My Ped gave Ian shots for free for about 5 months b/c my insurance didn't think it was RSV season! He ended up in the hospitatl even with the shots - just imagine if he had not gotten them! UGH! I can't say too many terrible things, though - my mom works for said insurance company ; )

molly419

Postby molly419 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 03:37 pm

I wish that I had some words of wisdom for you, but alas, last year I pushed and pushed for Abigail to receive her 2nd year, she was denied, of course, she ended up being hospitalized for 5 days due to RSV.

Is Shane illegible for Medicare or special children’s health insurance through your state due to being premature? Childerns specail health care insurance (this is what it was called in Michigan, and the program may be called something different in your state) depends on your child's health needs, not income. If so, those programs will cover the cost for Synagis.

Sounds like Shane is doing great with his weight.

cindync

Postby cindync » Mon Nov 06, 2006 02:54 pm

I can not believe he was denied.

My son Aiden is 17 months, and he was approved for a 2nd year--though he has not recieved the first one yet because of how late the approval came. It was initally denied, but then it went into "appeals", and after going through his medical records, he was approved. I am surpirsed that Shane did not qualify based on his gestational age.

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Mon Nov 06, 2006 02:09 pm

Oh no that stinks. No flu shot here either. My dr hasn't been able to get them in.

Return to “Parents of Preemies”