When is your child recieving a flu shot?

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
molly419

Re : When is your child recieving a flu shot?

Postby molly419 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 09:55 pm

A week ago, Abigail got her flu shot..phew! I feel a bit better, though I still carry a bottle of sanitizer with me every where, and Abigail knows the routine of "rub rub..air dry"

youtan

Postby youtan » Wed Nov 08, 2006 03:39 pm

How did I miss this...

Anyway, this year is my boys' very 1st round of flu shots. They are mandatory, basically, now that they've been diagnosed with MD (and Mom and Dad). Because its their 1st, they get two shots 30 days apart. Their 1st was last month, their next is next week. We were in early, actually I think they got their shots practically within a few days the batch arrived at our peds office.

deerhart

Postby deerhart » Wed Nov 08, 2006 01:04 pm

we have the oppsoite issue at our peds office. They ahve been giving under 3 shots for awhile now and the mist for 5+ but the flu shots for those 3+ aren't in yet.

dolphincrazy316

Postby dolphincrazy316 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:33 am

Hayden got his flu shot about a week ago when he went for his 18 month shots. He goes back for a booster flu shot in 4 weeks.

khailibowen

Postby khailibowen » Tue Oct 24, 2006 06:08 pm

I think a lot of it has to do with supply deliveries to certain areas. Last year only the very high risk got them early which was mid october because supplies were so late. The rest got theirs in Nov and even Dec. We have never done flu shots because breastfeeding through winter is actually better then flu shots and we've never had any major illnesses. Most illnesses won't even be effected by the shot anyway, so we never bothered. My sons ped even said not to wean during the winter because it's the best thing for them.

emersons mom

Postby emersons mom » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:14 pm

well.....our ped office said they are not immunizing until november since we have had this warm up in temps....then the rsv shot appt we had last week was cancelled because they said they forgot to order the synagis......so i called 4 other peds both here and in reno, nevada and got the story that with all these practices they are not immunizing until nov-beg of december....so we wait!

hannahsmom

Postby hannahsmom » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:22 pm

I heard there was a delay in the vaccine for children 3 and under. Our peds office still has not gotten theirs either, but our doctor's main nurse promises Hannah is at the top of the list.

Last year Hannah had to get hers twice since the first time she kicked the nurse and the needle flew out her hand. Gotta love these strong-willed preemies [:D]

jillmushet

Postby jillmushet » Mon Oct 23, 2006 00:48 am

Claire has gotten the flu shot the past 3(?) years. We both received shots 2 weeks ago.

jenndola
Forum Moderator

Postby jenndola » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:32 pm

If they didn't receive an early supply, this could be playing into their difficulties: http://www.aap.org/advocacy/releases/oct06flu.htm

shel81495

Postby shel81495 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 09:26 pm

Joshua had his flu shot 2 weeks ago and my older son had a flu mist the same day. We are taking all the others in the house in to a flu shot clinic.

If the ped continues to say they dont have it I would call around and find someone that does!!

Return to “Parents of Preemies”