Nathanial's sick - another UPDATE

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
whosures

Re : Nathanial's sick - another UPDATE

Postby whosures » Tue Mar 07, 2006 09:33 am

Wow, Tanya, my prayers are with you guys. Please let us know as soon as you hear anything and of course, let us know if you need anything.

cassie05

Postby cassie05 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 04:55 am

My prayers are with you and your family

lorelei

Postby lorelei » Tue Mar 07, 2006 03:51 am

Goodness Tanya. (((HUGS))) Hopefully if it is that then it's a mild case. I know it still doesn't offer much comfort. Let us know what you find out. Keeping you all in thoughts and prayers.

youtan

Postby youtan » Mon Mar 06, 2006 04:21 pm

Alright, the doc is doing all sorts of blood test. We won't have the results until Wednesday. But, here is a link to something which he mentioned is a possibility. I'm numb today.

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/gbs/detail_gbs.htm

I don't know - this sounds a bit severe, so if this is the trouble, he may have only a mild version.

On top of this we switched over our insurance here in OH - which of course doesn't cover out-of-network docs in KS. On Wed we'll decide if he'll be coming here with me early.

lorelei

Postby lorelei » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:22 am

(((BIG HUGS))) I'm so sorry that you aren't w/Nathanial on his birthday and on top of that he's sick. Please let us know what dh finds out at the dr.

jenchar

Postby jenchar » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:29 am

Oh alone without your first baby on his birthday...big hugs!

I hope he is feeling better soon.

Jen

jenandtheboys

Postby jenandtheboys » Mon Mar 06, 2006 09:58 am

I agree with Sabrina all the way around.........seems like I've heard of complaining of leg pain as a part of "growing pains" but neither of mine have reached that age yet. Also I agree that it's:
1) good to get checked out
2) hopefully nothing big to worry about
3) probably worrying you to death anyway [:(]

We'll pray and keep fingers and toes crossed that it turns out to be no big worry, ok? Keep us posted. I know you'll be glad when your whole family can be back together again in the same house! [:)]

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Mon Mar 06, 2006 09:15 am

Oh my. I have no idea what is going on. Well I do but I think it would be a worst case scenario and don't want to worry you needlessly. Course you are probably already thinking that. I don't think it is normal for him to be so weak in the legs that he can't peddle a bike. Kids go through growing pains and Kirsten has complained that her legs hurt too. However, it is not all the time. Usually happens when she is hitting a growing streak. I hope your ped gives you some answers.

youtan

Nathanial's sick - another UPDATE

Postby youtan » Mon Mar 06, 2006 09:11 am

Today is Nathanial's 7th birthday and its hitting me like a ton of bricks. Many of you know that I moved to Ohio alone until my dh and kids could join me. They'll be here in 10 days, and we will finally be able to move into our new house.

But, Nathanial has had a fever on and off since Wednesday night and has been complaining that his legs hurt. Yesterday morning he was having trouble walking and is still weak today. My dh attempted the ER last night, but the wait was unbearable and the nurse wasn't acting like it was actually an emergency. So he let Nathanial sleep and is taking him to the ped today.

I'm very worried, I'm not there, and this is an awful reminder of 7 years ago. I'm concerned because Nathanial has complained A LOT over the past 2 years or so about his legs. When we take walks he's always behind and complains he can't keep up, he can't ride his bike - he can't push the peddles (unless he's going downhill). Suddenly I'm extremely worried that its more than just a bad cold... Suddenly I'm so scared that we've been too quick to think that his health problems have all been resolved.

I started looking online for answers last night, which was an extremely stupid thing to do. Its in my nature to research answers to quesions, but even for me this was probably not a good idea, cause I cried myself to sleep.

Anyone want to put my mind at ease?!?!?

Return to “Parents of Preemies”