check us out, we're famous!

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
cindync

Re : check us out, we're famous!

Postby cindync » Mon Jan 30, 2006 03:10 pm

Awesome article, sorry you had to experience all that though.

ekc

Postby ekc » Sun Jan 29, 2006 08:46 pm

That was a great article to read. It really brings back memories of the emotions of the NICU.

Thanks for sharing.

lizzybeth

Postby lizzybeth » Sun Jan 29, 2006 00:26 am

TOO COOL!

Congrats and have fun!

Oh, hun.... I know someone famous![:p]
lizzybeth

lucy

Postby lucy » Sat Jan 28, 2006 07:46 pm

Great job!!

cassie05

Postby cassie05 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 09:28 am

Thats awesome! I went to the MOD walk last year here, I sat and helped them out as I was pregnant with Kaitlyn. Jen can you email me the contract info for MOD there, I think they are the center Im supposed to contact here too.

mommy1st

Postby mommy1st » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:36 pm

That is such a wonderful article, it was really touching!!

jenandtheboys

Postby jenandtheboys » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:24 pm

Thanks, everyone. Last night's event went really well. I spoke (just telling our story, basically) to team captains and other interested people as we "kicked off" the fundraising, etc leading up to the WalkAmerica day in April. The other local Ambassador Family was there as well, so our kids got to meet which was fun. My boys ran around and DH chased them while I spoke.

One of Ethan's primary nurses from NICU was there, so that was awesome to see her and for her to see him and how far he's come. You could tell she was impressed and proud too! Also, after the speech, a team captain came up to tell me that she's a child dev. teacher at a local high school and wanted me to come speak to the class............AAAHHH! No, seriously, I said I would and think it would be a neat opportunity. I am really enjoying this so far, getting to help be a public face for preemies and parents, so others will know what we go through and why it's so important to do all we can to help prevent prematurity in the future!

I'll keep you posted on other events we do. Thanks for the sweet words and support. If there's a MOD walk near you, try to get involved even if just by walking with your own family. It's fun and feels good too, at least it does for me, knowing that we're helping such a great cause. [:)]

jillmushet

Postby jillmushet » Fri Jan 27, 2006 08:44 pm

Congratulations, Jen! Hope that tonight is going well!

whosures

Postby whosures » Fri Jan 27, 2006 03:32 pm

That's fantastic. What a great article. You should be so proud!

mama2twins

Postby mama2twins » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:53 am

What a great article Jen!!! I like the fact that it really spoke about prematurity and pre-eclampsia in way a preemie parent would call "real". I'm sure your interview and knowledge had everything to do with that.
Good luck tonight! I am sure you will do a wonderful job...that is pretty amazing to be an Ambassador Family! I also want to get involved with the March of Dimes...we are starting by walking in April.

Return to “Parents of Preemies”