How was the Indianapolis ceremony?

Are you part of the NICU club? Do you have a child who is still struggling with the effects of being born too soon from preeclampsia? Share your concerns and stories here among parents who have been there.
jenandtheboys

Re : How was the Indianapolis ceremony?

Postby jenandtheboys » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:54 am

Wow, that's awesome! I'll be looking for the kit you mentioned when we get things rolling down here in Charleston (with my family doing the Ambassador thing). It must feel great to know of the impact you made and the help it will provide to others! Thanks for letting us know! [:)]

whosures

Postby whosures » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:03 am

Just a quick update on this, I had a MOD meeting yesterday to discuss WalkAmerica. Anyway, we did a quick recap of Prematurity Awareness and some kind of neat things came up. Our Indy ceremony apparently was the talk of MOD on a National level so our "kit" was distributed all over as a "go by" for other divisions. So don't be surprised if a roll call is held in your area in November. Also, the Imagine poem went over so well that it has been distributed Nationally to be used at Mod events. It's so nice to know that even the March of Dimes (who made Prematurity THEIR business) can be educated about what it's like to have a premature baby. I have received several notes from MOD bigwigs who thanked me for giving their work a "face". [:D] Now if we could just educate everyone on a national level about preeclampsia, I'd be a happy, happy woman.

paige_va

Postby paige_va » Wed Nov 23, 2005 07:17 pm

Ok...I'm tearing up. [:(]

miracle3

Postby miracle3 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:09 am

Great!!! this is wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing this with us on the board.

jenandtheboys

Postby jenandtheboys » Tue Nov 22, 2005 08:24 pm

Ok, Cassie, I'll hold you to that! [:)]

cassie05

Postby cassie05 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 07:11 pm

Wow thanks for sharing those pictures.

Jen, we should definatly do something here next year, ya know I will help :)

jenandtheboys

Postby jenandtheboys » Tue Nov 22, 2005 05:29 pm

Thanks so much for posting the pictures. I loved seeing them, and wished even more that I could have been there, and seen my sons' names displayed like the ones you showed us. [:)] and [:(]

Again, thanks for including us in this. I bet I'll be back in touch later about doing a similar kind of event for MOD here in SC (next year). Happy Thanksgiving!

whosures

Postby whosures » Tue Nov 22, 2005 02:27 pm

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/whosures/ ... DBsrmALZBD

I only have about 5 because I stopped taking pictures. I was too emotionally involved. Also, e-mail me if you want the short video I have of part of the Amazing Grace song.

paige_va

Postby paige_va » Wed Nov 16, 2005 08:53 pm

Yes, thanks for honoring our children in such a wonderful way. Can't wait to see the pictures.

cassie05

Postby cassie05 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:38 am

That is sooo great. Thank you so much for taking our babies names and participating in something so wonderful...you dont know how much that means to me

Return to “Parents of Preemies”