Gift ideas for an 8 yr. old boy *updated* uhg!

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
emersons mom

Re : Gift ideas for an 8 yr. old boy *updated* uhg!

Postby emersons mom » Thu Jun 04, 2009 06:26 am

I think gavyn gets a no remote required toy.....the cat! it would fit in the bag right? happy birthday! keep the chalk for writing found kitty announcements! sorry for your gunk and extended vigil in the parking lot!

mikeys mom

Postby mikeys mom » Mon Jun 01, 2009 08:29 am

Very funny!! I think you did get a great gift though!!!

jenanderson

Postby jenanderson » Mon Jun 01, 2009 03:04 am

well, really...once you have 5 what's 1 more! Sucker! If your lucky maybe a couple of them will hook up and you'll have a few more lil kitties!!!
Good luck finding a home (I just couldn't resist giving you a hard time!) Try posting ads on the windows of local gas stations and stores too.

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Sun May 31, 2009 09:58 am

You have such a good heart!!

hannahsmom

Postby hannahsmom » Sat May 30, 2009 10:34 pm

We have three dogs and two cats - all are strays or shelter babies. We have a weakness for homeless pets, too. Guess you now have six kitties :)

season
Forum Moderator

Postby season » Sat May 30, 2009 10:06 pm

Jenn,

I'm glad you found a great present. What is 3D sidewalk chalk?

I wonder how the poor kitty got there? Sounds like you have another family member!

jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby jenn » Sat May 30, 2009 12:21 am

OMG!! This could only happen to me!!!!

So I grab Jaidyn and arrange for my mom to watch the other 3 so we can go gift shopping.
I'm on cloud nine spending precious girl time with Jaidyn.
We got Legos, 3D chalk, a neat gift bag and Jai selected a card from the heart.
We checkout and life is grand!
That is until I get to the car and hear this pitiful kitty crying.
I PANIC, we have 5 kitties- could one have hitched a ride to Walmart with us?!
I start looking and an old lady stops to tell me there is a cat under the van next to me.
I pop on all fours and sure enough there is a frightened long hair tabby glaring at me. *not mine, thank goodness*
Jaidyn is dubbed that animal whisperer at our house, the kid has a gift for animals.
So Jaidyn's sweet talking this cat as I wrangle the cart collector guy. He's as shocked as I am and he gets the manager.
Manager comes and reems me that there is nothing she can do, she tells me that I myself can call animal control - but she cannot. *UHG!*
Gee thanks.
So people are staring and saying "oh poor kitty" Or really?? Cause I just laided in someone's spit and leaky car gook in a white shirt and flip flops. Yep' "poor kitty" indeed.
With cat in hand I stick him in my car as Jaidyn has this HUGE smile her face. 8 yr olds dream come true to found a lost cat and a sucker for a mom.
I march my butt back in the store and demand the manager take my name and number, and to please announce the lost cat on the overhead.
On my way back to the car I realize I'm covered in parking lot funk and got an unexpected parting gift from Walmart. You can only imagine my delight.
2 hours later nobody has called to claim their "gift" and I've posted an ad on Craiglist.
Somehow I don't see anyone calling.
*sigh*
So I wonder if little Gavyn would like to exchange his Lego's and 3D chalk for a kitty?? ;o)

hannahsmom

Postby hannahsmom » Sat May 30, 2009 10:00 am

Jenn -

I am so glad you posted this! Hannah is going to a boy's birthday party today and I have no idea what to buy a boy her age! I got some great ideas from your thread - thank you!! Hope Jai has fun at the party :)

jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby jenn » Sat May 30, 2009 09:42 am

Thank you all so much for your help!
I really appreciate a mom's help/point of view on this.
I haven't picked up the gift yet, though I plan on doing that shortly.. but I'm pleased to say I did find that I can get a bucket of age appropriate Legos for under $15 dollars and I found a package of Crayola 3D sidewalk chalk for $5! *PERFECT*
I would have never come up with that without your suggestions! T/U!

Much love, have a GREAT weekend!
Jenn

season
Forum Moderator

Postby season » Fri May 29, 2009 11:34 pm

Did you find a present yet. I can not stress enough how Legos are great for boys that age. Esp - Star Wars Legos and pirate Legos.

Return to “Misc”