pilonidal cyst

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
mommy1st

Re : pilonidal cyst

Postby mommy1st » Wed May 06, 2009 00:09 am

Joanne,

They kinda sound like a lymph node,I've had those and they are no fun either! Glad your's is going away:)

joannek

Postby joannek » Tue May 05, 2009 04:35 pm

Crystal,
it seems to have already subsided. The last two just "popped" and went away on their own also. This one was not NEARLY as painful as the other two were either.
And thanks Carole for the compliment! That is a mighty old picture, but still pretty cute!

crystalw

Postby crystalw » Tue May 05, 2009 07:02 am

Wow Joanne.. I work for a general surgeon and he treats these often and I have never had him tell a patient to just put a hot compress and wait for it to go away.. how painful! We always have to go to surgery and he ends up putting in a drain usually also. Hopefully yours will go away?.. what about your last 2, did you have surgery with those? also... we always recommend sitz baths after every bm.. he also tells the patients not to "wipe" just to get in the shower and rinse off. Hope that helps.

carjashaner

Postby carjashaner » Mon May 04, 2009 10:19 pm

This has nothing to do with this thread, but can I just tell you joanne that I LOVE the picture with your name!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is the cutest!!!!!!!! Just wanted to let you know. Sorry for invading your thread!

joannek

Postby joannek » Mon May 04, 2009 10:15 pm

it's a cyst that forms at the base of the tailbone/top of the butt crack:)
it can make bending and sitting very uncomfortable.

Anyways, my OB nurse said to just put hot compresses (instead of taking a bath) on it and wait for it to go away. It's not as bad as the previous two, they were VERY painful.

mommy1st

Postby mommy1st » Mon May 04, 2009 08:58 pm

I don't even know what one is, sorry:( It dons't sound like fun though, what did your OB say? Hope you don't have to have it tell after delivery!

joannek

pilonidal cyst

Postby joannek » Mon May 04, 2009 11:27 am

Hello,
anyone else ever have one of these? I had two while in college, and now, just to make me feel even more miserable then I already do (I am 8 wks pg) my body has decided to go ahead and have another one. Hooray!

I called my nearest GP doc (100 miles from my house) to ask a nurse basically, if I come in, are they going to look at it and say, "yep, it's a pilonidal cyst alright." and send me on my way. I KNOW that, I don't need to go to the doc to be told what I already know. I didn't get a very good answer about possible surgical remedies and if they can even be done while preg.

I'm going to call my OB next and see what they have to say. Just thought I would see if anyone else out there has had one while pregnant and what your experience was.

Thanks
Joanne

Return to “Misc”