Turned down for life insurance

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Re : Turned down for life insurance

Postby alviarin » Fri Apr 03, 2009 00:34 am

We applied for private health insurance, and I was denied for similar reasons. My state has a high risk insurance pool for people who have been denied private health insurance, but for now I'm still covered through my husband's employer.

I do know two people who were turned down for private insurance coverage and later were able to obtain it. One had been denied due to being on BP meds, and someone else was denied due to age & high cholesterol. Both made lifestyle changes, (one to get off BP meds and one to lower cholesterol) and were able to obtain coverage afterwards.

theartsymom

Postby theartsymom » Thu Apr 02, 2009 08:22 pm

:(

amiejo

Postby amiejo » Wed Apr 01, 2009 07:54 pm

My husband did not qualify due to triglyceride and cholesterol levels. No HP and no evidence of heart disease but just because of the current levels.

patty

Turned down for life insurance

Postby patty » Wed Apr 01, 2009 07:22 pm

Apparently I did not qualify based on the fact that I have chronic hypertension and am on bp meds. My dh who is IMO a lot less healthy than I am was approved. Go figure. I guess I will have to try another company. Anyone else had that happen to them?

Return to “Misc”