Natasha Richardson

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
bonnie
Forum Moderator

Re : Natasha Richardson

Postby bonnie » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:40 pm

Unfortunately, the province of Quebec is the only province in Canada that does not have an air ambulance system. The delay b/w Tremblant and Ste. Agathe and then b/w Ste. Agathe and Montreal (40 minute drive w/o traffic from Tremblant to Ste. Agathe and 90 minutes -if you're lucky- b/w Ste. Agathe and Montreal) may have played a role according to the minister of health in Quebec. In Canada, each province has it's own 'socialized' medicine and thus no two provinces care is the same.

raspbeari

Postby raspbeari » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:01 pm

This is so sad. She was one of my favorite actresses.

mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby mnmom » Thu Mar 19, 2009 04:05 pm

It is sad. I wish I could ski, but, like Jenn, I pretty much failed miserably the few times I tried. Really, though, her injury could have happened just as easily slipping on the ice in her own driveway and hitting her head. Being the mom of two extreme athletes-both girls snowboard and do triathlons, I have to believe that this was just a horrible, tragic isolated accident, and the vast majority of those who ski and snowboard are just fine.

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:16 am

Ya, I heard about it last night. I guess head injuries should never be taken lightly although my belief system is that when it is your time, it is your time.

patty

Postby patty » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:28 am

So tragic! I read this morning that she passed away.

jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby jenn » Wed Mar 18, 2009 05:36 pm

Denise, Yes I'm with you, it's devastating. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and young sons.
I know when I moved to Colorado there was a lot of pressure to go skiing, it's what they do here. Well I gave it shot and fell off the ski lift (I kid you not!) NEVER AGAIN!!

Natasha Richardson

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 18, 2009 05:06 pm

Has anyone heard the latest news on her situation? I will be watching Larry King Live tonite to hear about it.

I just think that this is so sad. I am wondering if a helmet would have made a big difference or not. I am not a skier and after hearing about stories like hers and Sonny Bono's, etc. I have decided to just avoid the sport altogether. As a single mom, I just can't afford to do extreme sports.

In any event, my heart and thoughts go out to her family. What a tragedy - so young, so beautiful and she's a mom. My heart especially breaks for her children.

Return to “Misc”