Momma guilt

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.

Re : Momma guilt

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 20, 2008 04:10 pm

Wow ladies!! I really feel understood. I guess that this is a very common thing. LOL. :-) But I think for me the absolute WORST thing in the world is to do something that causes your child pain in any way, shape or form. Cuz as mommies we are soooo protective, right?

Anyways, thanks for understanding!

kelly w

Postby kelly w » Sat Dec 20, 2008 03:29 pm

Oh, I cut Gemma's nails for the first time last week [at 3 months old now!] and I cut her - bad! My hand slipped - she was bleeding. I felt SO horrible - I cried and cried [even more than she did].

So, boy, I hear you. Fortunately, she still likes me. :) But it was just awful!

Kelly

denise

Postby denise » Sat Dec 20, 2008 08:19 am

Oh, I remember doing that to Phoenix and I balled like a baby. I felt awful. DH was like, "what's wrong, he'll live." Of course, he still to this day has never cut their nails, so that's easy for him to say. I still get nervous cutting nails.

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:55 pm

I snipped Ella's when she was only 12 weeks old! And it bled like mad! I was hysterical trying to stop the bleeding, trying to call the ped (who said it happened all the time, and that fingers were bleeders), crying to DH to come home. And Ella? Slept through the whole fiasco. I'll tell you, though, my nerves for nail trimming have never been the same.

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 19, 2008 07:42 pm

Thanks Holly! After I put it on I was kinda wondering about that. Glad to know that I am not the only one. :-)

hols537

Postby hols537 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 07:19 pm

I did the same thing to Jonathan a few weeks ago - he did cry!

(Beware the tiny bandaids if she puts hands in her mouth...a not necessarily obvious choking hazard)

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Fri Dec 19, 2008 06:14 pm

We all have those "bad mama" stories. You will both be fine!

I totally remember the first time one of my girls bled - it was the strangest thing.

Hugs to both of you.

Momma guilt

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 19, 2008 05:31 pm

Hi Ladies,

I was cutting Meggie's nails today and I cut her finger by mistake! (:-O) I felt soooo bad but she didn't even cry or anything. I think that I was waaay more traumatized than she was. LOL. It was her first boo-boo so I recorded it on the calendar. I have this 1 year calendar where you can record all of the "firsts". Lol. Luckily, I was able to find a teeny little bandaid. I guess this is the first of many cuts (both emotional and physical) and I am sure that I will continue to freak out way more than she will. She seems to have a veeery laidback personality.

Return to “Misc”