I'm sad

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
amanda
Forum Moderator

Re : I'm sad

Postby amanda » Tue Dec 18, 638317 1:20 pm

I understand that feeling of finality. I thought I would be totally okay with having my tubes tied and, while most of the time I am, I'm also quite sad that the option is no longer there - kind of like a period of my life is done. I don't know how else to explain it.

I certainly understand your thoughts on your other children too.

I hope your hubby is doing better today but I've heard that days 2-3 were a little more 'sore' than others - and, make sure he goes back to get the final test!

lucy

Postby lucy » Tue Sep 07, 638315 4:13 pm

many hugs.

willow&sam

Postby willow&sam » Sun Sep 05, 638315 10:20 pm

Thank you everyone for your support and understanding. DH is doing better today - albeit rather sore. The kids think he sure is walking funny! :-)

melly

Postby melly » Thu Aug 26, 638315 9:57 am

I had the same feelings when dh had his vasectomy. I love my children so much that its hard to not want another. After my dd was born and I was still having problems pp, my ob said "Your body just doesn't like being pregnant." And she is right I think. Its very hard to say goodbye to the baby stage, but I try to think about the positive side. Of course not risking my health is huge, there are also other things that I try to remind myself of...having a full night's sleep, having more time for my two children, having time for my husband, not to mention time for myself. Having more money for education, family vacations, ect. No more diapers!!! If I focus on the positives it makes it a little easier.

How is your dh doing today? Is he taking it easy? I hope he's feeling okay and that you feel better soon too.

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Sun Aug 15, 638315 8:58 pm

I was/am so excited to have gotten my tubes tied, we were so relieved to be able to have another baby after Griffin died, but knew we were done. I still feel weird sadness sometimes about it also, like that chapter is over, and even though it was long and full of drama, it was not a bad chapter.

jamie w

Postby jamie w » Sun Aug 15, 638315 6:57 pm

(((HUGS))) It is so hard to accept the finality of it. I got the Mirena for a few reasons but mostly because I was not ready to face a "final" decision. I know I should not have any more kids and it is so very painful. Everytime I hold somebody else's baby it makes me want one even more. I just keep reminding myself that each new baby would also grow up and that as much as I would like them to, they cannot stay babies forever. Yes, we are blessed, but that does not diminish the pain. I think your decision is a responsible one and I know that someday your kids will be old enough to understand how hard it was but how much you love them to make that decision to try to ensure their mommy is always around.

hols537

Postby hols537 » Sun Aug 15, 638315 3:13 pm

It's totally understandable. I had my tubes tied and think about the same things. I know it was the right decision, but it's a little sad thinking about how permanent it is. But, we're doing the right thing for ourselves and our children by not putting our bodies through any more pregnancies.

hannahsmom

Postby hannahsmom » Sun Aug 15, 638315 11:52 am

Lisa -

I'm sorry that you are sad today. My best friend's husband is having a vasectomy next week, and they only have one child. She is sad too. My hubby wants one too, but I am hesitant to give him my blessing because Hannah wants a sibling so badly, and I love babies! You have three beautiful blessings, but the finality of the vasectomy must be hard. Those babies want their momma to be there for them, so it sounds like the decision was well throught out. Hang in there...

willow&sam

I'm sad

Postby willow&sam » Sun Aug 15, 638315 6:41 am

My husband is having a vasectomy today. It seems so final. I know it's the right thing to do. I'm 40 years old and battling chronic HBP. After 3 complicated sections the risks of uterine rupture are very high. I can't risk my life and leave my 3 precious children without their Mom. But I'm sad. Katherine is already 12 weeks old - she holds her head up without assistance, her eyelashes have come in, she is super alert, smiles and coos - she is no longer a newborn - I'll never have a newborn of my own again.

I know I am blessed and I shouldn't complain but I can't help it - I'm sad.

Return to “Misc”