Our Kitty Died :(

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
kbunsey

Re : Our Kitty Died :(

Postby kbunsey » Fri Dec 07, 638317 5:18 am

I am so sorry for you and your family. I have kitties too and know how special they are.

I want you to know that I don't think it is weird how you reacted to the cat getting sick and comparing it to the NICU. I have a sort of simliar cat story.

A few weeks after our baby died from my severe PE, my MIL's cat became sick. He had some mystery illness and one day just let out this horrible cry and then laid down on the floor, swollen and barely breathing, same as your cat, w/ the gasping and suffering. He needed to go into the vet, but nobody could deal w/ it. It is a long, complicated story why, but I ended up volunteering and taking the cat into the vet. My DH was at work, so my FIL picked me up, we went to my MIL's (they're divorced) we took the cat to the vet.

Here's how our stories are sort of similar:

It was a cathartic experience for me. I held this sick, dying cat in my arms and comforted her the whole time in the car and at the vet. I talked to her and stroked her head and told her it would be "OK" - I did all the things that I couldn't do w/ my own baby b/c she was sick while inside of me. I never got to hold her or comfort her when she was alive. I felt so totally helpless the whole time I was sick w/ PE, but, in some little way holding the cat gave me some sense of peace - like I was able to comfort somebody and to do something to help. I felt like at least I could do something this time.

So...my story is a little different from yours, but I wanted to share it b/c I am not surprised at your response to it and how it reminding you of the MANY days w/ your daughter in the NICU. It makes sense to me. I couldn't imagine what that was like for you and I think the memories it brought back are very understandable.

I am sorry about your cat. Pets are dear friends.

lucy

Postby lucy » Tue Sep 07, 638315 4:10 pm

Many hugs, how sad I am so sorry for the loss of your kitty.

rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby rosemary » Tue Sep 07, 638315 12:45 pm

Suzanne, I am so sorry. I know in our home, our pets are a big part of our family and I know how hard it is to lose them. Big hugs to you! (((HUGS)))

surefoott

Postby surefoott » Thu Aug 26, 638315 11:46 am

I am so sorry and I can really relate to this. I have had 2 cats back to back who each died at 16 years of age. (different reasons) It is so so hard to watch these furry little friends, who are every bit a member of your family, pass on. You find yourself thinking you hear them in the house or see them in a passing glance at your feet. I also have a little guy, just 3 years old now; and we have fallen in love with him like crazy, too. It is just so hard to have them gone all of a sudden. I'm so sorry for all of you; us pet owners DO understand completely!

melly

Postby melly » Thu Aug 26, 638315 10:09 am

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm a cat lover too. My 17 year old cat died a few years ago and it was very hard. Hugs to you and family here too!

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Sun Aug 15, 638315 8:52 pm

Suzanne, that is so horrible! We run a home for wayward cats, really, my dh is a crazy cat-lady disguised as a 38 yr old man. We love them all so much, and when something is wrong with one of them, it is very stressful and hard. BIG HUGS to you and the family.

hannahsmom

Postby hannahsmom » Sun Aug 15, 638315 11:58 am

Jenn -

We also run the neighborhood zoo :) We have two dogs, but now we just have one cat. We will probably get another one soon, although the new one will never replace our precious Oscar. At one time we had four dogs and two cats and lots of fish. We can't help it :)Each of those furry babies is a part of our family. Hannah wants to be a zookeeper when she grows up...I wonder why??

Thanks, ladies, for your support during this very, very hard time :(

willow&sam

Postby willow&sam » Sun Aug 15, 638315 6:45 am

I'm so sorry about your kitty. They become such an integral part of the family that non-pet owners just don't get. Hugs to you and your family.

jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby jenn » Sun Aug 15, 638315 1:37 am

Suzanne,
Hugs! I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. BIG ANIMAL LOVER HERE - in fact we've been refered to as zookeepers more than once *blush*.
We lost a kitty this year too and I can relate to your feelings of the NICU 100%.
I send my prayers and love!!!
Jenn

mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby mnmom » Sun Aug 15, 638315 1:30 am

I'm sorry. Hugs.

Return to “Misc”