vasectomy pain

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
christine lyn

Re : vasectomy pain

Postby christine lyn » Thu Jan 15, 2009 01:34 pm

LOL! Well yes he is but when I met him he was gong through a divorce and had 3 small kids already. He knew if things worked out with us I wanted to have kids so which meant going through a reversal but it did not work so we had our up's and down's.Today I have a miracle baby.

melly

Postby melly » Mon Jan 12, 2009 04:56 pm

Wow! I can't imagine going through that more than once. We are about to get his sample checked to make sure everything worked. I don't even want to think about the possibility of it not having worked. Your Dh must be pretty special to go through all that.

christine lyn

Postby christine lyn » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:57 pm

Well I can say there is pain...my poor DH had an vasectomy then had it reversed which did not work and then had an aspiration done lets just say he had lots of pain (must be love).

melly

Postby melly » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:36 am

You cracked me up Heather! Now I have John Lennon stuck in my brain singing "give peas a chance"!

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:25 am

I think that peas are the trick - my dh sat with them for about two days afterwards and was fine when he went back to work on Monday.

And yes, Heather "Give peas a chance" now has a whole new meaning.

willow&sam

Postby willow&sam » Fri Nov 21, 2008 00:20 am

I'm planning on buying him a nice bag of peas!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:41 pm

quote:Originally posted by melly

I wish he had at least given the peas a chance!

Unrelated, but "give peas a chance" cracked me up! :)

melly

Postby melly » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:36 pm

Anne, it makes me love him all the more!

Lisa, He was doing great right after the surgery and for the two days following. Of course he had a lot of help from painkillers! Other than walking like he'd been riding a horse for a week, he seemed to be doing fairly well. I tried to get him to use the frozen peas that I bought for him but he said he didn't need them. Then the swelling got worse and he was in more pain a few days after surgery. I don't know if it would have prevented it from getting so swollen, but I wish he had at least given the peas a chance! By sat he was so swollen and miserable he finally did try them (he said the peas felt good)and I had him call the dr. The dr said that warm baths would help since his stitches were gone. He didn't do that either! The thing that seemed to help him was our heating blanket. The heat made him feel better. I don't know if its typical or not, but it took about 8 days for him to get over the worst pain and swelling. He is still a little sore now and it hurts if he moves the wrong way, but he has really improved! I hope all goes well with your hubby's surgery! We'll be here for you!

willow&sam

Postby willow&sam » Thu Nov 20, 2008 09:13 pm

I'm not sure if this was a good time to read this post or not - DH is scheduled for the 28th! At least I'll know where to turn for info/support if we need - where I always turn - here!

There was too much scar tissues/bleeding, etc. during my last section for them to even remotely consider going ahead with a tubal so I was actually quite surprised that DH not only volunteered to get one, he scheduled the consult and surgery himself! I guess he really doesn't want a fourth.

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:36 am

I think that it is great that he did this for you guys! I had my tubes tied during my c-section, but dh would have had the big V if I had a regular delivery. He was spared!

Return to “Misc”