Kara has asked for prayers ..

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
kara
Forum Moderator

Re : Kara has asked for prayers ..

Postby kara » Fri Nov 13, 638308 7:05 pm

Thank you ALL for the thoughts & prayers over the last week.

Dad is out of ICU and on a regular hospital floor. I'm back home as of yesterday late afternoon. The doctors are impressed that he's done as well as he has, though he still has a bit of recovery ahead of him. They really didn't expect him to make it. He's joking with the nurses and starting to get out of bed with help. The man still hasn't had so much as a tylenol - says he's not in any pain, after stomach surgery with 23 staples, a PICC line, Arterial line and 2 IV's so they had enough ports to pump in everything that was needed. He lost more than a gallon of blood by mouth, and the nurse said they replaced all of his blood 3 times over, not including blood products like extra platelets and plasma. He's still very fatigued, very drowsy, but that is to be expected of a 71 year old with kidney and liver disease, and type II diabetes. They think he'll be released from the hospital by midweek next week. He'll probably come stay with us for a few weeks until he can do more things for himself.

I missed my kiddoo! First time I'd left her overnight since she left the NICU. And to top ot off I was gone for 5 nights!
Thanks again, everyone.

kelly w

Postby kelly w » Thu Oct 22, 638308 1:41 am

Kara, I missed this earlier - I'm so sorry! I will definitely start praying now. Please update when you can.

Kelly

summerw77

Postby summerw77 » Sat Oct 10, 638308 8:35 pm

Just read this! so sorry kara I hope he makes a quick recovery!

surefoott

Postby surefoott » Mon Sep 28, 638308 6:07 am

I somehow missed this, Kara. My prayers and thoughts are definitely with you and your family.

amiejo

Postby amiejo » Fri Sep 18, 638308 3:57 am

I'm so glad that he is showing some good sign of recovery. I send your dad prayers for continued progress toward recovery. My thoughts are with you and your family and prayer for strength for your family in this time of stress.

timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Thu Sep 17, 638308 12:17 pm

Praying for you as much as I am him. I am glad he is showing signs of doing better. Will continue to pray that all goes well and improves. Hugs to you!

kara
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Thu Sep 17, 638308 9:17 am

He's OFF the ventilator as of 12:30 today, only 25 hours after his surgery. He's opening his eyes, knodding yes and no, and starting to talk. They just tied him down a bit because he was trying to get out of bed. All good signs in my opinion. Still very weak and still critical, but moving in the right direction. PT said they're going to try and get him out of bed tomorrow to keep his circulation going and his lungs working.

It's going to be a long road though.....and it's all on my shoulders. Once he's stable we will be moving him to Madison, WI which is about 2.5 -3 hour drive. But that'll probably be awhile yet. And I don't know if he'll need to go into rehabalitation for care, or if he'll be able to come straight to our house. His incision looks really good (now he knows what a c-section feels like - staples and all).

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes....they are/were needed!

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Thu Sep 17, 638308 5:28 am

Kara - I hope that today brings better news. Prayers and thoughts being sent for and to you!

aundapenner

Postby aundapenner » Wed Sep 16, 638308 9:10 pm

Prayers for you and your family ...

jana m

Postby jana m » Wed Sep 16, 638308 1:15 pm

Thinking of you and your family, Kara....

Hugs to you all.

Return to “Misc”