Any scrapbookers?

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
purplefrogger

Re : Any scrapbookers?

Postby purplefrogger » Thu Oct 16, 2008 07:12 pm

I love to scrap. I have been doing it for 5 years and I don't even know how many books I have done but right now I am about a year behind on both boys and now with number three coming I will really be behind. I do have my own scrapbooking room. I started out scraping with a group but since I have accumulated so much stuff I find it eaisier to stay home. I have some layouts and pics of my room on twopeasinabucket.com I think my name on their is scrapnfrog.

jsu_work

Postby jsu_work » Mon Sep 29, 2008 03:44 pm

Hey I'm all about the scrapbooking..

denise

Postby denise » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:33 am

Okay, how many of you visit local scrap stores? I don't visit as often as I could, just simply due to the lack of time. My girlfriends and I have been trying to meet once a month for a scrap day and we're on month 4, so that's pretty good. One of our local stores is having a big fundraiser for breast cancer and I thought about approaching her to possibly do a scrap next year to benefit the PF.

Niki, I'm totally looking at coming up with a name like that for our ladies group. ;)

theartsymom

Postby theartsymom » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:32 am

ME! I finally maneaged to get her pics in a book- and now I need to journal them.
I have four full CM books that need journaling- yikes! That is my goal to accomplish before baby #2 arrives.

surefoott

Postby surefoott » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:04 am

I would love to start a group. I have wanted to do a "Baby's First Year" for my oldest daughter as sort of my 'trial scrapbook'. I am always telling her I learned everything I needed to know with her and she was my 'trial' baby. LOL. (And I must have done okay because I am so proud of her and all her accomplishments!!! and she is a wonderful mother herself!) Anyway, I'm wondering if you all who started a group have any hints; how did you get it going? Where do you all go to buy supplies where they are reasonable and have a good selection? I just thought of the fact that we probably can't name stores....but any hints on how to get things going? Everyone is so busy but I know it would be fun if we could just get the commitment to start!

mommy1st

Postby mommy1st » Fri Sep 05, 2008 02:59 pm

It sure is hard to scrapbook with little ones' isnt' it? I put together a scrapbooking group at my church and we meet monthly and scrapbook for 4 hours, we are doing it this Sunday, fun fun!!

biogal

Postby biogal » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:14 am

Me too! I only do paper scrapbooking and have been for a little over 3 years. My girlfriends and I have a scrapbooking club called STELLA (Scrapping, Talking, Eating, Laughing Life Artists). :) We get together about once a month and do an all day scrap and then every winter and summer we do a weekend retreat at a cabin. I'm currently working on Myles's book! :)

shadow2356

Postby shadow2356 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:24 am

I have been doing the digital scrapbooking. I like it a lot and its easy to stop and start (no cleanup) if life gets in the way.

grace04

Postby grace04 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 07:41 am

I like to scrapbook but wish I had more time to do it!! I keep thinking maybe I'll have time when the weather turns colder...

aundapenner

Postby aundapenner » Fri Sep 05, 2008 04:41 am

ME TOO!!!

I started when DH and I started dating. He was an intern at my company for only 6 months and then had to go back to Germany. For Christmas, I made a scrapbook of his trip to the States and we still have it (including the Halloween pics of him in near-full drag! he he he)

Return to “Misc”