name poll

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
mnmom
Forum Moderator

Re : name poll

Postby mnmom » Tue Aug 05, 2008 09:00 pm

Addison and Avery were on my list of girl names this time around. I love them both. I have an Arianna. She is 19 and has always been somewhat of a super jock:) She goes by Ari most of the time, but she seems to like having a unique name.......I think.

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 04, 2008 06:30 pm

Hi there,

I like Abby Joy Lane or Madison Joy Lane. I know that Madison is not one of your choices, but I prefer Madison to Addison. :-) Good luck!!

hols537

Postby hols537 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 08:05 am

Good luck with the names. We're having trouble with boys names. I found this list and thought I'd share in case you hadn't seen it yet... http://www.babycenter.com/0_100-most-po ... 3637303.bc

season
Forum Moderator

Postby season » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:36 am

"or get nicknamed Bowling Alli Lane : )"

This made me laugh. I'm glad we're not the only ones who think of stuff liek that. I have a friend with the last name Picker. (Her maiden anme was Riper too, so if she hyphenated it's be Riper-Picker.) Oh the possibilities!!!

I've met a lot of young Ava's lately - so the name seems to be more popular.

Both are great names though. Either way if she's at all a tough kid or into sports she could be AJ.

mada

Postby mada » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:21 am

Wait until you meet her. You will know then. You have plenty of time to figure it out. I have no clue what I am going to name my third son, but I know by the time I leave the hospital, he will have a name;)

adgirl

Postby adgirl » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:55 am

Abby was on the list too until we put it with our last name - Lane. It's a little too close to a Beatles album, don't you think? : )

The other one that got knixed was Alli. I don't want my daughter to have 2 streets in her name! or get nicknamed Bowling Alli Lane : )

you'd think Lane would be an easy last name to work with, but those two names won't work! also, really short first names are kind of bugging me with it too - even though mine is just plain Amy.

I'm leaning toward Addison. I just don't want her to have a trendy name that a bunch of people have for a few years and then no one has it at all. Of course, that's kind of what happenned with my own name. Am I overthinking this??!?!? :)

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:15 pm

My cousin has an Abby Joy -- so there's another AJ for you!

surefoott

Postby surefoott » Thu Jul 31, 2008 08:28 pm

I like them both but my vote is for Ava. And I LOVE Joy as the middle name. My daughter-in-law is Heather Joy and I think that is so pretty!!!

panguitch02

Postby panguitch02 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 05:03 pm

So hard to choose between the 2 b/c they are both sooo good. I have a feeling that Addison will become a bit trendy soon b/c of Greys Anatomy, so I would have to choose Ava.

An interesting "A" name my friends just used...Amarie, and I just met a couple who named their daughter Amelie after the french movie that came out a few years back, which is super cute, but I would be afraid people would not pronounce it correctly.

amiejo

Postby amiejo » Thu Jul 31, 2008 01:17 pm

I like Addison.... and love Joy as a middle name.

Funny how people find TV references to names. When we decided to give our baby boy the name Ty, everyone asked if it was because of Ty Pennington. It wasn't because of him and in fact...just like you...we had the name picked out before he even was on TV. But I have to say that now Ty is destined to do something building related. His whole name involved something building related...Ty (tiles) Mason (Masonry) Carpenter (wood building). It will be interesting to see what happens!

Return to “Misc”