prayers for my mom *****new update 07/22 :(

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
kathyc

Re : prayers for my mom *****new update 07/22 :(

Postby kathyc » Sun Aug 03, 2008 02:53 am

I'm so sorry the news wasn't better, Jennifer. Sending prayers for your mom and for you, as well as Suzanne and her parents.

cindyh27

Postby cindyh27 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 03:25 pm

Suzanne & Jennifer ~ continued prayers for your parents ((hugs))

aggie95mom

Postby aggie95mom » Wed Jul 30, 2008 03:18 pm

I hope your mom does well with the chemo and comes out on the other side cured. My sister was diagnosed with Stage 3 ovarian cancer 7 weeks ago and is about to have her second round of chemo on Thursday. I, too, decided I couldn't research anything and decided to share my sister's belief that she will get through this. My sister has said the first 3 to 4 days after chemo are the toughest and she has friends who come in every day to bring food (she lives in CA and I'm in MD with a newborn so I cannot travel yet). My mom is also going through chemo (in NC) for non-hodgkin's lymphoma and about to start radiation and she said the same thing about having the first days as the hardest. If you don't live locally, maybe make sure your mom has help lined up.

Cancer is terrible and I wish no one had to endure it, but I truly believe in the power of positive thinking and love. I don't know if it helps "cure" anything, but I know it's helped my family at least find some perspective with all of this.

And, your mom will soon have another grandson to love!

jen44

Postby jen44 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 06:55 pm

Oh Suzanne, I know just what you are going through, it's the hardest thing ever isn't it? And to have both your parents going through it? My goodness. My mom starts chemo on Monday. They aren't wasting any time, and I don't know enough about all of this to know if that is a good or bad thing. Unlike most things in my life I refuse to research it and scare myself with all the what-if's to come. I just can't go there because I'm terrified of what I might find out. It seems a little easier to just take each step as it comes and not look too far ahead, for who knows how far ahead we have. Agh, it's just so scary.

hannahsmom

Postby hannahsmom » Sat Jul 26, 2008 04:52 pm

Jennifer -

I am so sorry to hear of your mom's diagnosis. She's lucky to have you for support. My mom was diagnosed with Kidney cancer in October. She went in for a doctor visit because she thought she had kidney stones - turns out it was a huge tumor. They operated to take the tumor out and it ended up exploding in her kidney and into other parts of her body as they were taking it out. They had to remove her whole kidney and then set her up for chemo. She has not yet started chemo because a second doctor wanted to just do scans every 3 months to see if they found any other cancerous spots. She has another scan on Monday. She has two spots on her lungs, but they are too small to biopsy. My dad has had prostate cancer for a couple of years, and now they just found spots on his lungs, too. We're terrified that the cancer has spread. It's so hard when your parents are sick. I will pray for you and your family. Please keep us posted.

willow&sam

Postby willow&sam » Sat Jul 26, 2008 00:17 am

Strength, support, prayers, comfort and healing to you and your Mom.

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Wed Jul 23, 2008 04:28 pm

Jen- sorry about your mom and I will DEFINIETLY have her on my list!

neslo

Postby neslo » Wed Jul 23, 2008 01:45 pm

Jennifer - I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. She is very lucky to have you there to love and support her. I'll be thinking of you and your mom through this!

adgirl

Postby adgirl » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:28 am

prayers to you and your mom

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Wed Jul 23, 2008 08:09 am

Jen - I'm sorry that you and especially your mom are having to deal with this - I can imagine that it IS scary. I hope that your mom does well with the chemo and radiation.

I personally believe in the power of prayer - even if our prayers aren't answered in the exact way that we want, I still think that praying for emotional support always get answered. Email me privately if you want and provide your moms name - I will add it to our prayer list at church.

Return to “Misc”