How much did your records cost?

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
aggie95mom

Re : How much did your records cost?

Postby aggie95mom » Tue Mar 11, 2008 06:54 pm

I don't know if all doctor's offices work this way, but I was able to get my complete records from my MFM office for free. My new OB wanted the complete report, called ahead to the office when I had an appointment and they gave them to me to hand carry to my next OB appointment. I, of course, ran to the copy center on the way. I may just have been lucky. Obviously, though, this didn't include any of my son's hospital records, just mine.

mayasmom

Postby mayasmom » Tue Mar 11, 2008 04:50 pm

Most doctor's will allow you to come to their office and review your records. If I'm not mistaken it is a HIPAA regulation that you be allowed to view your records. This could be a way to save money.

kara
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Tue Mar 11, 2008 04:40 pm

Rebecca,
Mine for me alone (not Avery) were around $60, for a week hospital stay. Avery's would have been well into the $200+ range. You can call and get an estimate of cost. Mine sent me a bill to pre-pay them before they sent them, so I knew the cost in advance. I must say my records were well worth the $60. Now, your doctor notes might be a seperate cost because they might reside in your file with your doc, rather than in the hospital records. I had to order mine from 2 different places.

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Tue Mar 11, 2008 04:27 pm

Mine were $.75 per page.

rosalinda

Postby rosalinda » Tue Mar 11, 2008 03:57 pm

I was charged per page (but I don't remember the exact number of pages), but mine were around $130 or so.

rebeccac

How much did your records cost?

Postby rebeccac » Tue Mar 11, 2008 03:33 pm

As I've posted before, I haven't gotten my medical records yet because I'm a tightwad.[;)]

How much did you spend on yours? I want to get everything I can as far as Dr. notes and records for the 1 week I was in the hospital.

Having a "ballpark" figure might just be the push I need to get them!

Return to “Misc”