Quilt Photos

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
mrs.magdaleno

Re : Quilt Photos

Postby mrs.magdaleno » Sun Nov 11, 2007 05:33 pm

I am just overwhelmed with emotion. Wonderful news!

for faith

Postby for faith » Mon Oct 29, 2007 04:09 pm

Wow, just read this post!!! Brings tears to my eyes too!!! Thank you Rosemary for doing such a wonderful job putting it all together, it turned out so incredible!!! I am so happy I was able to be a small part of this too. That is so, so touching it was such a success and what is being done with it. Wow!!!

cindyh27

Postby cindyh27 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 08:37 am

Incredibly wonderful! Beautiful job Rosemary and Everyone who contributed! The bidding story brought tears to my eyes… what a wonderful way to raise awareness. I’m so happy he will let the “movies guys” use the quilt too :)

lgw

Postby lgw » Mon Oct 29, 2007 08:14 am

Rosemary: It was amazing! Thank you and thanks to everyone who contributed. The whole evening was amazing.
Leslie

grace04

Postby grace04 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 00:04 am

Oh sorry I see Eleni already shared that bit... sorry Eleni... [;)] I was just so excited!

grace04

Postby grace04 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 00:00 am

All - Just so you know... it was actually sold for $4500 !!!! Rosemary I tried to call you live from the event because I was so excited... there was no answer so I sent you a quick note from my Treo instead. I hope you got it! You guys it was absolutely amazing!!!!

NOT ONLY was it sold for $4500 but the man who bought it is the CSO for Beckman Coulter and they are going to take it AROUND THE WORLD to every site they visit!!!!!! He told me it is his way to spread awareness and also really make it more personal for everyone he meets with when they look at - and touch - the quilt... reading the stories first hand from each one of you. This is amazing!!

rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby rosemary » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:27 pm

HOLY COW! I had to re-read your post three times. I hardly know what to say...other than that is WONDERFUL just simply wonderful!!! I will be glad to do this year after year. The money is incredible...but what is more incredible is that this quilt will help spread the word about PE. I can't wait to hear more about the evening.

misscoleyp

Postby misscoleyp » Sun Oct 28, 2007 09:57 pm

Wow, I am crying right now reading this.

eleni
Site Admin

Postby eleni » Sun Oct 28, 2007 08:52 pm

OK, are you guys sitting down?

The live auction was moving along rather sluggishly at last night's Saving Grace gala... until the quilt came up for bidding. The auctioneer did a beautiful job conveying the meaning behind it and then Jaime had me walk around with it and show it to everybody close up. In no time at all, it was well over $1,000...$2,000, $3,000.......$4,000!!!!!

There was a huge bidding war going on for it! Two of the guys in the "war" are movie producers we've been in touch with over the last couple years who wanted to use it for their movie that will be showcasing preeclampsia. They ultimately got outbid by the CEO of a company that is developing a diagnostic assay and wants to take the quilt around the world to all their markets to help reinforce to employees and others that they are working hard for REAL women and babies and to end the suffering and loss that so many experience. It literally brought me to tears to see the reaction to this beautiful and meaningful handicraft. btw, the good news is the CEO is going to lend it to the movie guys :-)

Now here's the challenge: LET'S DO THIS EVERY YEAR! The quilt concept can be duplicated year after year and will always be unique. Ro - you are a treasure for making this happen! Don't stop...don't stop !! It was huge and no reason why it wouldn't be every year.

Special thanks to every contributor.

michelle_chandler

Postby michelle_chandler » Sun Oct 28, 2007 05:39 pm

Just beautiful Rosemary. It took my breath away.

Return to “Misc”