wlb weigh in 11/15/06

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
alexp

Re : wlb weigh in 11/15/06

Postby alexp » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:55 pm

So I'm up almost 10 lbs.

Why, oh why, can't I be one of those people who loses weight under stress. BAH! [:(!]

jwalker327

Postby jwalker327 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 09:56 pm

Hello ladies,

I see I am not the only one struggling w/ the weightloss plan. I have not gained but I have not lost anything still 206...ughhhhhh After Timmy in a yr I was down to 156 and I was so cute...8months after Trinity I got down to 175 and then got pregnant...I would love to be 175 right now anything but 206! Alabama is almost 8months and I am fed up and I called my dr about it bawling my eyes out. She said some women hold the weight til they quit nursing grrrr. I have lost it in my face and around my neck hands and feet. my thighs butt arms and tummy are another story. I have stopped walking cause I need a double stroller the pack for the baby hurts my lower back. But here in a couple weeks I am going to start again once I get paid again I am buying a stroller.
Sorry so long...but I guess I am back here again!!
Start:206
Goal: 150

squishy

Postby squishy » Sun Nov 19, 2006 00:49 am

Hi guys. I've not posted here yet but I may as well start. I've been really struggling seeing as how I put on 40 lbs in a 23 week pregnancy. I'm actually proud of myself because this past week I lost 4.5 lbs. I joined w***** watchers online. I knew I would not go to any meetings so it seemed to be the best plan for me. It is nice because they have tons of recipes and it even puts your grocery list together for you. I never thought I would try something like that but I kept wandering towards the diet pill section of my local drug store. I've also been running for an hour about 5 days a week. A couple weeks ago I had tried calorie counting/cutting and it just wasn't working. So I am hoping this will continue to work. I'll keep you posted.....Oh yeah and this trying to loose weight thing is just one more reason I'm dreading the holidays. Good Luck all!

megansmom

Postby megansmom » Fri Nov 17, 2006 03:26 am

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I haven't posted on one of these threads in forever! Mostly because I haven't lost in the last few months. I am so frustrated with myself. I just can't seem to do this diet thing. Where is my will power? I got kind of mad at a friend today for being upset about her weight. She weighs a whopping 118! She was whining because she wants to be 110. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! I would love to be 118 but know I will never get there. Any suggestions on how to get control of all this?

iansmom

Postby iansmom » Wed Nov 15, 2006 03:07 pm

Hi gals! i am not looking forward to the Holiday Foods either, but at least i am down to 163/164. I can't really see the little has marks, but it looks like it is less than 164! DH & I have been discussing ideal weights. Our scale shows both of us lighter than any doctors scale. So, should my goal be based on dr scale? Dumb question, I'm just hoping somebody will say NO - go by your inaccurate wal-mart scale!!

sarab
Site Admin

Postby sarab » Wed Nov 15, 2006 02:39 pm

Meg, I'm right there with you - where I was 4 (well more like 8) weeks ago!

Last week: 185.3
This week: 185.0

The good news is I talked to my friend who I have my wager with, and she's only down to 181. Our deal was whoever WASN'T to 175 had to buy the pedicures, so it looks like we're both be buying our own. Not ideal, by any means, but it does make me feel better that she's struggling, too. [:0] How awful of me is that??

It is crazy to try and lose weight during the holidays, but I'm going into it feeling good. I did great with the kids Halloween candy (not that it did any good), and I'm planning on my only splurge day next week being Thanksgiving. We'll see how it goes.

Good luck with your maintaining, Meg!

How's everyone else doing? Good luck to everyone in the coming weeks! I'll be out of town next Wed., so I won't be checking in.

meg hanrahan

wlb weigh in 11/15/06

Postby meg hanrahan » Wed Nov 15, 2006 02:15 pm

Oh yeah, Iowa is just days away and I am still right where I was four weeks ago. Up and down, up and down. I say that I want to lose these last ten pounds but then I eat cookies or candy or some other equally bad treat. I have been good about the working out and continue to use the free trainers at work. My trainer is going to try and change things up for me because I am getting frustrated. My carpool mates and i are doing the "maintain campaign" over the holidays to keep me honest and so I don't go crazy with the Christmas cookies. I know it is insane to try and lose weight during the holidays so I may have to push off actually losing until 2007. My new goal is to maintain for the rest of the year.

Todays weight: 162.0

Ladies?

Return to “Misc”