Blast from the past !

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
meljoi

Re : Blast from the past !

Postby meljoi » Wed Nov 08, 2006 06:05 pm

Sue-
that FREAKS me out about the cardiovascular disease. My cholesterol is through the roof as it is-mid 240's, I'm 5'6" and 103 pounds, it is definitely hereditary, but the fear of PE-causing issues....ARGH!

Bonnie-
glad to see that you're doing well......all I can say is DUCK!
ha ha !! Glad to see the kiddos are well.....

I am in the mist of planning the Pokemon birthday party of the year!
and now it's Slurpee time.

keep the updates coming!

timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Sun Nov 05, 2006 06:45 pm

Mel,

It's great to see you again! It has been awhile since we've seen you around these parts. I can sympathize with you about trying to figure out the lingering effects which they are saying we are at a higher risk for Cardiovascular disease which I have a script to go get my cholesterol checked but still haven't gone in to do it yet. Finding time and gumption are two different things.

I developed adult onset asthma which could relate to secondary smoke as a child or just that I have had bad allergies since birth. I was allergic to the wheat thickeners in baby foods so my mom had to make things the old fashioned way. I pray you can find out some answers to what's going on. It's scary business when you have a child that cannot breathe. Good luck and keep us informed!

bonnie
Forum Moderator

Postby bonnie » Sun Nov 05, 2006 05:54 pm

Melissa! My pregnancy buddy [:)]. It's great to "hear" from you. Your kids are beautiful. I'm so jealous of the potty training thing. DD is so proud when she goes -- in her DIAPER! "i make peepee" [}:)]. But, don't try to get her to go near a potty or it might make it's way back to you! --she does have a great arm though.

angelkat

Postby angelkat » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:02 am

I am soooo jealous! Can you send Peyton my way to give Casey one on one training. Kind of hard having teenagers and the little man as the older boys don't want anyone even around the bathroom door lol!

meljoi

Postby meljoi » Sat Nov 04, 2006 09:27 am

Sue- thanks for adding that meconium intake could possibly cause asthma. Peyton didn't take any in and never truly showed signs of distress. The birth itself, I think is safe to say was traumatic-very traumatic, however I don't know that that could be an issue. It's quite frightening not knowing-I think we all kind of go about things on pins and needles, wondering what lingering issues PE will have on our little ones, as well as ourselves. People (DH included) thinks it's all in my head, but I truly think that PE has left it's mark on me and my health-and I cross my fingers that Peyton never suffers any effects from it.

Lucy! I am so happy that you are doing okay. Several people here have truly touched my heart and you are one! Sarina is a doll! Congratulations!

T-thanks for the compliments on my critters. Luc has been using the potty since she could get there on her own......at about 11+ months was when she could walk. She self trained, I had very little to do with it-or maybe it's safe to say Peyton potty trained her, ha ha-she wants to be just like him!

It's good to be back-I love hearing updates and having you girls chime in to say hi means a lot!!

angelkat

Postby angelkat » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:17 pm

Hey, Stranger!

It's great to see you again. WOW can I say your kiddos are Beautiful!

Lucy is potty trained already - (lucky girl)

lucy

Postby lucy » Fri Nov 03, 2006 07:11 pm

Hey you so good to see you.

timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Fri Nov 03, 2006 06:41 pm

To add to that, I have heard a correlation between meconium intake and asthma. One of my good friends here said her son developed asthma as a result of "breathing" in the meconium upon delivery. Suffice it to say, he was stressed during labor and ingested some of it before making his way out.

Good to see you Melissa!

meljoi

Postby meljoi » Fri Nov 03, 2006 04:02 pm

Thanks for the responses-I thought there were some correlation, but to what extent I wasn't sure-given that he wasn't a preemie I think it's safe to speculate that it's more heriditary than anything.

OMG! Julie that boy of yours is beautiful! I can't believe he's going to be 2 in just a few months, man have I been gone long or what!
:-)

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Fri Nov 03, 2006 02:21 pm

Both of my girls are have asthma - Kirsten has it severely. I have asthma and I am a pe baby as well. I read somewhere out in cyberspace about pe having something to do with the immune system and that's why you get all these other "connections" (endometriosis, lupus, asthma, etc), but it was just an offshoot theory I read. Nothing proven. But I have come across links about it. Maybe someone else can answer this for you.

Return to “Misc”