Total Embarassment

This forum includes topics that don't fit neatly in other areas. Also home to our Weight Loss Buddies support group.
peanutsmom

Re : Total Embarassment

Postby peanutsmom » Tue Jan 10, 2006 04:09 pm

I did replace both of the tubes with better quality and have had no more issues. My official explanation is "cheap tubes". I still ride when the weather permits and am looking forward to the spring when I can go more often.

bicyclist

Postby bicyclist » Tue Jan 10, 2006 03:47 pm

Hey Dawn,
I love to ride my bike and hope you went for another ride after your tire was fixed. I went on a bike club group ride after moving to a new town and the ride was so long for me and I was so tired! I made it AND when I came to a stop, I fell and skinned both knees right in the group of people waiting for me to finish. I thought nothing could be worse, until I had to ride back home with two skinned knees! That was 12 years ago and have been rding since. Oh, memories!

I wanted to metion that bike shops sell a can of flat fix goo that you inject into the tires and they won't go flat. Walmart may sell it too, they have lots of bike stuff these days. We put this in the tires on our baby trailer wheels. Very easy, like squeezing a bottle of mustard. In my experience, bike shop people are so into sharing the love of the hobby that they would have been helpful and thoughtful.

Thanks for inspiring me to get out of the house and go for a bike ride. It's rare to have a mild winter day for a ride.
Happy Trails,
Kathy

P.S. Ya know, you may have run over a sticker or something and got your flat just like eveyone else does.

hannahsmom

Postby hannahsmom » Fri Dec 02, 2005 08:39 pm

Ugh! I hate when things like that happen! Tonight we went ice skating (only my second time in my life doing so since we live in Florida) and my daughter took me out into the middle of the ice and pulled me down and I slipped and fell flat on my back. I looked like a beached whale and I could barely get up! There were tons of people there and I could tell they were trying not to laugh. So....this has kick started my weight loss once again! A few months ago someone asked when I was due (once again I wanted to DIE) and that made me want to lose weight, but now tonight's episode was the ice-ing on the cake! Good luck!

celticepona

Postby celticepona » Sat Nov 26, 2005 03:16 pm

quote:Originally posted by kstevens

Chin up girlfriend at least you are DOING something to get to your goal weight...ah products just are not the same anymore!!!

Hear hear!!!!! You are going in the right direction!!!!

lucy

Postby lucy » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:49 am

quote:Once I was sitting in one of those plastic lawn chairs leaning back on the back legs talking with a whole bunch of people and the legs broke. I was so embarrased. I felt like such a cow. We just have to laugh at the little things. That is better than having some little kid ask if you are pregnant when you aren't!!!!

My sister got asked "how far along she was" and "whether it was a boy or girl" six or seven months AFTER she delievered, and as for the chair yap happened to me too I was alot smaller like maybe 140 but I was in a older rocking chair walking a twin I babysat and the whole chair collasped and broke[:I] I shielded the baby of course and neither of us was hurt but man did I feel like a big butt[:I]

kdreher

Postby kdreher » Thu Nov 10, 2005 06:15 pm

Chin up girlfriend at least you are DOING something to get to your goal weight...ah products just are not the same anymore!!!

dorio22

Postby dorio22 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 04:54 pm

You just have to laugh at stuff like that. Once I was sitting in one of those plastic lawn chairs leaning back on the back legs talking with a whole bunch of people and the legs broke. I was so embarrased. I felt like such a cow. We just have to laugh at the little things. That is better than having some little kid ask if you are pregnant when you aren't!!!!

mikeys mom

Postby mikeys mom » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:19 am

Dawn -

Good for you for getting out there and doing something! I hope that you can laugh about the incident! Especially since you are making yourself healthier by exercising!

peanutsmom

Postby peanutsmom » Tue Nov 08, 2005 09:49 am

I bought the tube at Wal-Mart and made DH change it. Thank goodness he knows how to do htese things. I know it is funny, but it totally sucks, too!

cara

Postby cara » Tue Nov 08, 2005 08:49 am

Seriously, you are taking the steps to be healthier. That is nothing to be embarrassed about. I'd go in and ask them to change the tire and hold my head high. You are making the effort and that's what counts.

Return to “Misc”