dr's appt

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
akemt

Re : dr's appt

Postby akemt » Mon Oct 22, 637342 9:27 am

Sorry to hear about that blood pressure but it sounds like you've got a great doctor to work with. I hope you get in to see the peri soon and can get more reassurance and a game plan.

Catherine (24), Moderator
DH Britton (28)
Emma Margaret (03/02/03) 37 wks PIH & Oligo
Lara Julianne (07/31/04) 38 wks PIH & gallbladder fun

missgamecock

dr's appt

Postby missgamecock » Mon Oct 22, 637342 1:23 am

Let's say it wasn't great. My bp was high again 124/100. It hasn't dropped at all since doubling the dose of the Aldomet. I still have the headaches. I have a lot of swelling. Good news was no protein in the urine and my blood tests were good. I PASSED the Glucose test. Yeah! Because of the bp and the swelling and the headaches and past history with preeclampsia, he is sending me to a Perinatologist as soon as possible next week. He wants to get the ball rolling to check the baby's weight, growth, and lungs. I asked him about getting to 40 weeks and he was like no way. He said great if I do but he expects to deliver earlier. He is hoping to get me to 35 weeks. They are still going by the wrong due date. I had an emergency ultrasound done out of state when I was away for work because of spotting at 7 weeks. That ultrasound placed the due date at 7/30/05. However, I know exactly when I got pregnant because we used a ovulation predictor and I am always on time. That date should be 7/27/05. The midwife first saw me after the ultrasound that was done out of state, went with that date. My ultrasound at 18 weeks had me measuring 4 days ahead with the 7/27/05 date and week ahead with the 7/30/05 date. Here I am thinking I am 27 weeks 1 day and I heard the dr tell the nurse to tell the perinatologist's office that I was a 31 year old 26 weeks and 5 days pregnant. The dr said he was moving the date back to 7/27/05. Three days may not mean a lot, but if I have to get to the 35 week mark in order to stay in town, it makes the difference of where I will deliver. So I guess the date that we are shooting for to be safe is 6/25. For now he is keeping the bp medicine the same, 1500 mg a day of Aldomet. He said he can increase that to 3000mg a day as a max dose on Aldomet. He wants to keep it the same this week and then revisit it next week. So I have an appointment on Thursday of next week with the regular OB and one as soon as they can get me in with the Perinatologist next week.

Sabrina due 7/27/05

[V]

Return to “Pregnant Again?”