21 wks preg after pre-e

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
Jessica

Re: 21 wks preg after pre-e

Postby Jessica » Thu Jan 29, 2015 02:55 am

thank you for the encouraging words!!!

season
Forum Moderator

Re: 21 wks preg after pre-e

Postby season » Wed Jan 28, 2015 07:30 pm

Hi Jessice,

First congrats on your pregnancy. It is totally understandable that you are scared after having such a hard time with your first. Pre-eclampsia takes the carefree away from pregnancy for many women. Please know that many women have gone to have completely healthy subsequent pregnancies. Others have had complications but have had healthy outcomes.

I had Pre-e with my first and eh was delivered at 34 week and he spent 2 weeks in the NICU. I went on to have my second 2 1/2 years alter. I too was quite nervous but my doctor was vigilant at watching for problems and monitoring the baby. While I did develop High BP again, I went on to deliver at 38 weeks. My dd was healthy and we both went home 2 days later. I truly felt like I had gotten away with something as I sat at home with her!

For now, take it one day at a time, enjoying your son and those last weeks with only one child, . Keep in communication with your doctor and if you have any concerns call him/her. They are there for you.

Jessica

21 wks preg after pre-e

Postby Jessica » Wed Jan 28, 2015 03:17 pm

I am absolutely thrilled we are having another baby in a few months, but I am also absolutely terrified. I was sent to local hospital at 31+weeks, and after being there for only a few hours, they decided to send me on to another hospital an hour and a half away! I was there 10 days before my son was taken at 33 weeks. I had protein in my urine and my BP was incredibly high. They had me on whatever that terrible medicine is that starts with an m, that made me soooo out of it. Luckily my son was born healthy at 5.2 lbs and did great! He had no problems. My BP wouldnt go down though and finally after being there 10 days after having my son they figured out a med combination that kept it under control.
I was so scared those 3 weeks, nurses couldn't believe how high my BP was and told me I was at high risk of a stroke. I was terrified and my poor hubby stayed with me day and night for those 3 weeks. Now I am 21 weeks pregnant and my son is only a year old (tomorrow). I would love some feed back or some reassuring words bc I am so scared to go through all of that again! Share your stories!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”