Page 1 of 1

Re: Just got BFP with #3 tonight!

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 09:01 pm
by sarahkm
Congratulations! Glad you are here!

Re: Just got BFP with #3 tonight!

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:08 am
by kaxy

Haven't had bloodwork to check for clotting disorders, but I will ask my doctor about what labs we can do when I go to my first appointment at 9 weeks. A few weeks ago at my annual exam, my doc ran labs for liver and thyroid and those came back fine.

My blood pressure is usually healthy. I recently purchased a home BP cuff (and I'll take this with me to my doctor's office to see how it matches up with theirs). My readings lately have been around 110/70. Let's keep it that way this time! :D

Re: Just got BFP with #3 tonight!

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 02:46 pm
by frogibe
Congrats! I am currently pregnant with #3 as well. I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months! NO PRE-E! Have you had any bloodwork done to check for clotting disorders or are you chronic hypertensive?

Re: Just got BFP with #3 tonight!

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 02:43 pm
by sam10
Congratulations! Happy to hear the good news. Let us know how it goes:-)

Just got BFP with #3 tonight!

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 09:04 pm
by kaxy
Hi ladies!

So...I took a test tonight and got a clear BFP. By LMP I am 4w1d, so barely anything along. I had a preconception consult a few weeks ago and my doctor ran liver and thyroid blood labs, and all came back "normal." My BP in the doctor's office was a little suspect...if memory serves it was around 122/84. She didn't like that bottom number of course.

I had my BP taken for an insurance physical a few months ago and it was way better, so it could be just a white-coat BP. I hope. firstborn is age 4 and my second born is age 2, and I had preeclampsia with both of them. Both times, it wasn't a full diagnosis until I was in labor at term (38w4d with 1st kid, 40w1d with second). My BP had been slightly up in the weeks prior, but no protein leaking.

This OB wants to just monitor me closely and also have me check my BP at home (I have yet to purchase a cuff, but it's on my to-do list). I'd likely be induced at term, perhaps 37-38w if I can make it that long before full-blown PE. I know maternal outcomes for a situation like mine are quite favorable, and since my PE didn't really take hold until after my 2nd born was a few hours old, that's a route I think I'd prefer.

So. Nervous of course, with the idea of 3 children and 1st trimester jitters, and wondering if I'll be ok or if I'll have PE again. Here's to it! Let's do this.