Hi.. New here

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
rachel

Re : Hi.. New here

Postby rachel » Mon Jul 26, 2004 06:46 pm

Hi Heather! I'm glad you found us! Hopefully you'll get lots of support here as your pregnancy progresses!

Rachel
Mommy to Kailee - born at 28 weeks
1lb. 13 oz.
Thrilled about Baby #2 on the way! due: 3/19/05

tanya

Postby tanya » Mon Jul 26, 2004 01:58 pm

Hi Heather and welcome to the forums!! Congratulations on your newly awaited little bundle. Hope all goes perfectly for you. Keep us posted.[:)]

Take Care,
Tanya
Jason(DH)
Leah born 2/4/99 at 34 weeks ...PIH
Miscarriage 10 weeks
Grant born 3/29/01 at 31 weeks... Severe PE
Miracle #3 EDD 01/27/05

julie f

Postby julie f » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:25 am

Heather,

I just wanted to say hi and welcome as well. I am so sorry for your losses and will pray that you are able to bring home a big healthy baby in October.

It is very comforting to have a group of people who understand the risks and just how scary it is to be pg again so please, come visit often and keep us posted!

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Miracle in progress... #2 is due February 2005!!!

Southern California Coordinator

twolfgram

Postby twolfgram » Mon Jul 26, 2004 09:00 am

Hi Heather! I had a miracle baby, too. My son was born at 28 weeks 3 days, weighing 2# 3oz. He's now a healthy 8 year old! One thing I would ask for are BPPs and NSTs. They check the baby for practice breathing, movement, muscle tone, amniotic fluid levels and heartrate accelerations. There's a point system they use, 2 pts for each part of the test for a total of 10. If the baby scores less than 6 points, they will probably admit you and do more testing. If she scores 6/10, they will probably have you come back the next day for another BPP. I've been having them weekly since 28 weeks. I am now 33 weeks. It's been very reassuring for me, since I lost my last baby at 29 weeks with no warning due to an abruption. Talk to your dr and see about doing them. Hang in there and post anytime you need to!

Therese
Mom to:
Jonathan 10/4/95
Erik Stillborn 12/20/02
And #3 - EDD 9/11/04 - it's a BOY!!

suetorr

Postby suetorr » Mon Jul 26, 2004 08:08 am

Welcome to the forums!! You will definetly find lots of support here, and lots of shouldres to lean on. [:I] I understand what you are saying it is difficult to talk to family and friends, because they have never went through a pregnancy like we have. I congratulate on your new baby. Please keep us posted with your progress. [:)]

Susie (23)
Bianca 9/28/02 3LBS 2 OZS PE,IUGR 33wks

wcarder

Postby wcarder » Mon Jul 26, 2004 07:48 am

Welcome! Just wanted to say congrats on this new pregnancy and want to wish you well. I'm glad you found us ~ I've learned so much from the people involved in this foundation. Just out of curiosity, how was your pg with Alexander?
Wendy
DH - Ryan
DD - Kenzie Celeste, 30 weeks GA, 3 lbs, 2 oz
Severe PE

denise

Postby denise » Mon Jul 26, 2004 07:32 am

Welcome to the boards Heather! Sorry to hear about your losses, but congrats on this baby! It is unfortunate that this board is needed, but it is awesome with the support and knowledge we all share! Hope things (like bp) level out at normal and you have an uneventful rest of your pg. How often are you seeing the OB?

Ariana-born 5/3/03 at 35 weeks due to HELLP Syndrome/pre-e: 4 lbs, 17 1/2 inches

Will start TTC in October!!

http://hometown.aol.com/scrapperlang/Home.htm

angelkat

Postby angelkat » Mon Jul 26, 2004 03:34 am

Welcome to the forum....

I'm T who has had PE 3 times and currently on hospital bed rest waiting for Wednesday to hit 34 weeks. PE has not hit as if yet but doctors want to have it under wraps just in case. So of course we got the mag talk just in case... Only if we need it will we be using it.

I hope you will find all the support and understand that I have found on this fourm...

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/l ... ope&Sort=V

pices78

Hi.. New here

Postby pices78 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 00:48 am

First off I have to say im excited that I found this forum. Its hard for those who have had pregnancies with no drama to understand the worry of being pregnant again..

Ok.. a little bit about me..

Im Heather(26) and married to Jason since nov of 99. I have an almost 9yo, Alex, from a previous relationship. My DH and I seem to have been TTC since our wedding day..lol. We have lost 3 babies all together. Two before Gabriel was concieved and once after.

Gabriel is my little miracle. He was born at 36wks, IUGR weighing in at 3lbs 12oz and 16.5in. He was matured to a 36wkr but had stopped growing at around 31wks due to my severe PIH.
My PIH wasnt detected until 32wks and at that point they put me on bedrest and BP meds. It wasnt until 35wks that they discovered he had stopped growing and I had almost no Amniotic Fluid left. I had been admitted into the hospital at this point because the BP meds were not working. My BP was about 180/120. So I was in the hospital on bedrest, had Mag. Sufate administered 2x's and finally at 36wks they did an emergency c-section. Gabriel was doing great, I was the one they were worried about. I woke up that morning with a stiff neck. In about an hour the stiffness went down my whole left side and I was paralyzed by the pain. So they thought I was going to have a stroke and Gabriel was born.
He was came home when he was 17 days old on x-mas eve. He is now 2.5yo, 23/24lbs and 34in tall. We have had a lot of resperatory issues with him since he came home(RSV, pneumonia, asthma)but hes really doing well..

So here I am.. Pregnant with #3(6th pregnancy) and started having BP problems at around 19 wks. They did all the tests for clotting/genetics and everything was fine. My last appointment at 24wks my BP was high again so I was put on BP meds. Im now 28wks, due 10/16, and though the meds seem to be working most of the time, im still getting high reading every couple of days(home monitor).

My last U/S had me concerned but Docs office didnt seem to be. At 27wks she, Syndey, weighed in at 2lbs. The 18th percentile. ugh. BUT they said that previous U/S's have shown her a week behind which is ok. Now she is 10 days behind. Im truely hoping im being a worry wort and she will be just fine.

Im soo sorry how long this is getting. I dont really have anyone to talk to about this. None of my family or friends have delt with PIH/PE or a preemie.
I really thought we would be ok this time since they said the chance for it happening again was low. yeah right. [V]
ok. I think Ive covered everything..lol..
Im looking forward to getting to know everyone here.. will definatly need shoulders to lean on in the weeks ahead.

Heather

Heather(26)
Jason(30)
~Sydney Jean arriving 10/08/04 VIA C-section~
~Alexander~10-27-95 (6LBS 15OZ AT 40WKS)~
~Gabriel~12-7-01 (IUGR-3LBS 12OZ AT 36WKS)~
~3 angels in Heaven (2/00,3/01,4/03)~

Return to “Pregnant Again?”