this may be a wierd question but...

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
veronica44

Re: this may be a wierd question but...

Postby veronica44 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 04:01 pm

I also wouldn't worry about it. Your exposure (if any) from using the product as directed is likely minimal. If concerned, open more windows when using the product or try natural cleaners while pregnant (I know a lot of them don't work as well as synthetics, but they should cover the basic cleaning needs).

ktsl123

Re: this may be a wierd question but...

Postby ktsl123 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:38 pm

Yea I read about a plant where the chemical is created in Ohio is emmitting the chemical is the water and air and causing problems for people there as well as a higher chance of Preeclampsia. I used only natural chemicals like vinegar for cleaning in my home and still got PE. I wouldn't worry about the using those chemicals once.
Son born healthy at 5lbs 8oz at 35 weeks +2 days due to Severe PE on 7-21-09

hypergirl_trlee

this may be a wierd question but...

Postby hypergirl_trlee » Sun Jan 29, 2012 09:03 pm

has anyone ever heard of scotchgard contributing to preeclampsia? I was cleaning my furniture today (white sofas with two toddlers!!) with some foaming scotchgard upholstry cleaner.. I didn't really think much of it because I just sprayed the foam on the armrests and a couple of other spots that I wanted to remove but then it started to really stink and I decided to do some research before finishing my couches.. Well I read that in some trials the chemicals (PFOA, PFOS, and PFOS-related products) that were in scotchgard showed up in pregnant women's blood and gave them a 30% higher chance of getting preeclampsia!!!!

Nowm since 2000 they have removed all of those chemicals and put in a "less dangerous" PFBS chemical but there is not much research on this one yet aside from perhaps causing some minor kidney issues but no real studies in pregnancy.

Just in case I went to IKEA and got some new couch covers (gotta love those removeable covers!) and re-dressed all the furniture... But I have already breathed some of it in and now I am really nervous! Did I do something really bad?? I am usually so cautious about these things but I have been in such a cleaning frenzy lately I just did it without really thinking!?

Return to “Pregnant Again?”