Has anyone had a good experience with #3???

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
alexis
Forum Moderator

Re: Has anyone had a good experience with #3???

Postby alexis » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:14 am

I believe the stats are that with a normal 2nd pregnancy, your odds improve with the 3rd, though not as low as if you'd not had that first preeclamptic pregnancy. In fact I may have read that in the PF FAQ...
Chronic hypertension
Aliza - 01/05/2007 - Severe preeclampsia, emergency CS 37 weeks
Isaac - 09/26/2011 - controlled on 150mg Toprol, NO PE, 39 weeks!

hypergirl_trlee

Postby hypergirl_trlee » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:15 pm

Thank you so much for replying Heather J!! I really appreciate hearing from someone who had a good third experience! I get so nervous all the time.. If there are any others out there i'd be so appreciative if you could tell me your story!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Wed Oct 26, 2011 08:29 am

My delivery with my first wasn't early (we made it to 36 weeks), but I was diagnosed around 28 weeks, and hobbled along until 35 when things went off the rail spectacularly. My second pregnancy was better (bp rose slightly, but no other problems). I just had my third this past January and it was BY FAR my best pregnancy yet: no bp issues, no swelling, bigger baby, and probably as close to normal as I'll ever see. It was encouraging, but still nerve wracking waiting for something to happen. There were exactly two years between my first two pregnancies (not deliveries, but beginning of pregnancies) and three years between my second and third.
Heather (PAI-1 4G/4G) mama to:
Nicolas Edison (6/2004) 36 weeks, PE, HELLP, and placental abruption
Ella Amelia (3/2007) 37 weeks, lovenox, PE-free
Oliver Lyon (1/2011) 37 weeks, lovenox, PE-free
Milo Mason (2/2014) 39 weeks PE-free

frogibe

Postby frogibe » Wed Oct 26, 2011 07:54 am

I would like to hear about that as well. I had a decent (not perfect) second pregnancy, even though I think pe was on its way I did make it much further. I'm not thinking of #3 right now since I just had my second in August, but I would like to stay in the two year window if we do decide to have one more. My hubby thinks we might be playing with fire....
Jennifer(30) Chronic Hypertensive
mommy to Kelsie born 1-10-10 from severe pre-e and HELLP at 28wks.
grew her wings on 2-14-10 due to NEC.
and to Josephine born 8-4-11 at 35wks. due to low amniotic fluid, but PE and HELLP FREE!!!! I kicked PRE-E in the behind!!!!!
Surprise! We added a third baby girl, Amelia born on 4-26-2013 at 36.4 wks. via scheduled c-section. PRE-free!

hypergirl_trlee

Postby hypergirl_trlee » Wed Oct 26, 2011 00:24 am

I know!! I went into this pregnancy believing that my odds were better but I am so nervous after seeing some of the posters on here have bad experiences after a great second pregnancy! I would love to hear from someone that did well the third time too!

angieb

Postby angieb » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:32 pm

Good question, I've been thinking/wondering the same thing. We are probably going to try again in another couple months, but I've seen some posters here that get sick sooner/worse the third time than they even did the first time, so I'm really nervous for a pregnancy #3, my doctors seem more relaxed about it but said my risks are the same as they were the second time.
Me (29) DH (30)
#1-Olivia Caetlyn-9-28-09-9-28-09, 23+2 wks, emergency classic c-section, class I HELLP, IUGR
#2- Lucas Oliver (rainbow baby)- April 2011, 36+2 wks, HELLP and pre-e free! (lovenox and LDA pregnancy)
#3-Matthew, late October 2012...mostly normal, 37 wks, (lovenox and LDA again)
My blog: http://www.butterflies-and-rainbows.blogspot.com/

hypergirl_trlee

Has anyone had a good experience with #3???

Postby hypergirl_trlee » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:17 pm

I was just looking through some of the older and more up to date posts on here.. I was looking for someone who had a situation similar to mine with early preeclampsia and delivery in first pregnancy and then a good second pregnancy... I have found some of you but it seems that the only ones that I have seen have gone back to being preeclamptic in their third pregnancy.. Has anyone had a good experience in their second and then in their third as well???

Return to “Pregnant Again?”