Introducing myself

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
suzanne

Re : Introducing myself

Postby suzanne » Sun Apr 19, 637035 11:35 pm

So glad that Bethanie is doing so well! It sounds like it will be great to have her home an extra year just the two of you! I am enjoying that this summer with my sons---we decided against any camps or anything, and they are taking turns going up to their grandparents, so I have had both boys for a couple of weeks at a time on my own (with my husband!). It is really nice to have that one on one time which I do fear I will never have again!

I will pray too that you have a VERY LONG, VERY BORING pregnancy!

Suzanne (38) and DH Tony (42) + William (9, severe PE, born at 32 weeks) and Freddy (6, fairly typical pregnancy) and Baby Girl(probably named Laurel Alice, due approx. 8/29/04!)

jaxsmom

Postby jaxsmom » Sun Apr 19, 637035 6:08 pm

Welcome to the forum, everyone here is really great and very supportive....

Cheers
Dana [:D]

Jaxon's Mommy
Born June 25, 2003 @ 34 weeks 4.6 lbs; PIH, elevated liver enzymes & IUGR

bethaniesmommy

Postby bethaniesmommy » Thu Apr 09, 637035 8:07 am

I thought I had already thanked you all for the warm welcome but just realized I hadn't so THANKS!!!

Suzanne, My daughter is doing great, THANKFULLY she doesn't have any lasting affects from her prematurity other than being small (27 pounds at almost 4 years old) and being extremely afraid of doctor's and hospitals (not sure that that is really a lasting affect but I always wonder if she doesn't remember some of her early days). She was suppose to start preschool this fall in a developmental pre-school as one of the "typical" children but after finding out I'm pregnant I have decided against sending her (it would be monday -thursday 8:45-3pm, I've been a stay at home mom since she came home from the hospital, couldn't stand the thoughts of our last year of just me and her not being spent with just me and her like it has been the last 3 1/2 years) We may check into getting her into a couple of hours, 2 day a week preschool instead, otherwise she'll just be staying home till next year when she can start kindergarten :(

I should find out on Monday the results of my blood work. It was such a pain getting that done. After 3 tries to get it done I was finally able to, then they didn't take enough blood so I had to fast again and go have more taken. And it didn't help the nerves any having to wait so long for the results.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Mom to Bethanie Ann born 9/3/00 at 27 weeks due to PE and HELLP syndrome.
Expecting #2 due Feb 25, 2005. Praying really hard for a healthy, long pregnancy!

suzanne

Postby suzanne » Thu Dec 25, 637034 7:57 pm

Hello, Sarah! I'm so glad you found this board! I know what a great feeling it is to find it when you need it! I hope this pregnancy goes VERY WELL! It's great your dr. is on top of things. I know how scary it is to be pregnant again, but to me it was a comfort the second time to know that I was being watched carefully. How is your daughter doing? I know with my son, who was a preemie with some continuing complications, having a sibling was the best thing we ever did for him---even though it was certainly a leap of faith in some ways! I will be thinking of you.

Suzanne (38) and DH Tony (42) + William (9, severe PE, born at 32 weeks) and Freddy (6, fairly typical pregnancy) and Baby Girl(probably named Laurel Alice, due approx. 8/29/04!)

akemt

Postby akemt » Thu Dec 25, 637034 9:11 am

Welcome and congratulations on your pregnancy! Yes, some of the tests are for blood clotting disorders and I beleive the ANA is a blanket test for autoimmune disorders (am I wrong ladies?). Both types of disorders put you at higher risk for preeclampsia and HELLP (glad to know your doctor is aware of that!) and may be treated with blood thinners among other things durring pregnancy. It looks like your doctor is taking a very proactive approach to this pregnancy and that is great. Glad to hear from you and expect to hear more in the future!

Catherine (23), Moderator (pregnant again)
DH Britton (27)
Emma Margaret (03/02/03) 37 weeks from PIH & oligo
Girl #2 due August 11, 2004 Borderline PIH & gallbladder fun!

angelkat

Postby angelkat » Thu Dec 25, 637034 6:00 am

Welcome to the Forum!!!...

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/l ... ope&Sort=V

lany

Postby lany » Thu Dec 25, 637034 5:40 am

I just wanted to welcome you to the forum. [:)] I'm hoping that you have a very long and boring pregnancy!

Take care.

Lany 29
DH 34
DS 09/99 (born via emergency c/s~ 29wks~2lbs. 1.9oz.~Pre-E & HELLP)
#2 due March 5, 2005

amjeang

Postby amjeang » Wed Dec 24, 637034 11:29 pm

The tests he ordered are genetic screenings so see if you have any genetic deformity that would cause a tendency to clot.

You may find the following topic informational:

http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4342

suetorr

Postby suetorr » Wed Dec 24, 637034 10:07 pm

Lots of luck to you on your new pregnancy!! Welcome to the forumsm you will find many of your questions answered here. Since most of us have had the same symptoms you have experienced. Please keep us posted.

Susie (23)
Bianca 9/28/02 PE,IUGR 33wks

5thtymachrm

Postby 5thtymachrm » Wed Dec 24, 637034 9:22 pm

Welcome Sarah!

ditto what Julie said. Just wanted to let you know we are all here for you. sorry no answers for you on all the tests, I know they are all high risk conditions for PE.

again Welcome! and nice to meet you :o) I am happy you found us!

Elizabeth

Indigo E. 11/20/03:37wks, PIH
ttc #2 is a go!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”