When should kicks become prevalent?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
jean

When should kicks become prevalent?

Postby jean » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:42 am

This second go round of pregnancy definitely has me neurotic and paranoid, and I know that early on when you are feeling kicks they are sporadic and nothing to be too concerned about. But I'm at 23 weeks and figured that at this point kicks would be either a. increasing or b. staying as prevelant as they have been from most day to day mvmt. But instead,they seem to be getting fewer and it scares the crap out of me. What ends up happening is I get worried and end up in tears and upset, which in turn upsets the baby (I imagine) which makes it move. I don't want this to be a means of getting it to move. And I certainly don't want to disturb its sleep if it is growing and happy. But I am just a nervous wreck b/c our son's movment deteriorated over time, and he even passed an NST (when I told them that movement was decreasing), but I got sick 2 days later and things went downhill from there.
So when this babe doesn't move for a day or 3/4, it gets me concerned. Esp. if I've drank OJ, laid on my left side,etc...all of those things to see if it might give a little kick.

This is ending up being a vicious cycle for me....no mvmt=worry/stress/tears=movement=me feeling horribly guilty/angry/upset with myself for getting upset (but I'm sucking it up ok I guess on this part..) And before too long it seems the cycle begins again.

When can I have some peace of mind? :cry:
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

http://findingtherainbowconnection.blogspot.com/

Return to “Pregnant Again?”